New D21 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90TTZ

Reaction score
G'day. I've just purchased a 1997 D21 4X4 Dual Cab 2.7 Diesel. I've mainly purchased it as my work vehicle so I can take my pride and joy (300Zx Twin Turbo) off my daily driver list. I know I can't myself and I'll be looking to doing some mods in the near future, already looking at buying a TD27T from a Terrano to transplant and converting to DieselGas.

I was reffered here from a member on the Nissan Navara.net site, thanks dave :top: The other is a good site but finding one that is Oz has to be a good thing ;)

Look forward to finding more info on the truck I just bought and getting to know more like minded people.

Cheers,
Karl

Good to see you over here now.

I was gonna link a thread about turboing a TD27. But looks like you have already found it.

Dave.

Welcome, Karl. Any chance of some photos?

I'm trying to prove a theory: a friend of mine and I reckon the single cab diesel, made to carry more, had a diff ratio of 1:4.81 whilst the dual cab diesel, made to be more like a car and carry less, had 1:4.375. Your axle code would prove or disprove this for us. Any chance you could tell me what it is? It's on your data plate under the bonnet, two letters, two digits.

Dave, which thread? I want to see it! :secret:

I think the thread Dave is talking about is on nissan-navara.net After some searching I think the best value for money is a donk from a Terrano as the N/A motor will only handle so much boost.

I'll check those codes for you and post back soon. The following pic is one hosted by the dealership so not sure how long it will be up for. If it goes I'll host another and edit the thread.

F42A597B835E4D93A45C264C9B4073A4.jpg

I assumed the turbo engine would have been lower compression? Have not done a lot of research on these yet but in the petrol engine world of Nissan you always find the motors between N/A and Turbo have some differences and always the compression ratio is significantly lower.

Any chance you could point me to a good resource for the TD27?

easy thing is to grab the turbo gear and injection gear off the terrano verion.
not sure if there is any valve or cam differences or rod/piston differences. also check for if your motor has an oil cooler or not.
with some turbo diesels they have lower compession but a lot of nissans don't.

I think some factory turbo engines use oil to cool the under side of the pistons. But this is 3rd hand info, good luck

I think some factory turbo engines use oil to cool the under side of the pistons. But this is 3rd hand info, good luck

I know the VG30DETT uses these. I found them when I rebuilt my Z engine about a year ago, two nice little oil squirters for the underside of each piston. I'll buy myself a service manual and reasearch the two engines in detail. Anything significant I'll start a new thread in the D21 forum.

Back