washing engine bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crack

Reaction score
gday

just wondering what the go is with washing the engine bay in the d40? anything i should avoid using such as degresers etc and where i should or shouldnt spray water?

havnt washed the engine bay yet as im a bit unsure of all the electrics, im new to the new car scene. last 4wd was a 92 lux so there wasnt much to destroy.

cheers
jack

i am curious as well on this i have been told by the brother inlaw that u only need to cover the fuse box and alternator(he said alternator u dont really need to but do it just to cover yourself) but still have been nervous on doing it so havent. would love to here if there is anything else that should be covered?

I agree, last time the only precaution I took was to not direct the spray at things like the fuses. I usually only do mine at service time when it gets the rest of it washed but I just spray some of the mates degreaser around then spray it off.

only thing i have to cover is my alarm siren, if water gets into that it goes off for up to an hour! rest is fair game for the hose. I prefer to use degreaser, brush and low pressure hose then the high pressure gerni. Just be careful on the degreaser you choose....some are way too caustic for the paint and aluminum.

Last edited:
only thing i have to cover is my alarm siren, if water gets into that it goes off for up to an hour!

My alarm does that but the siren must be mounted further forward or something because washing the engine bay doesn't set it off but using the pressure cleaner from the front I can set it off if I try hard enough.

I washed and detailed mine yesterday and now it is stalling intermittantly. Gave it a blow out with air compresser but is still happening?? starting to P me off.

I usually wash my engine bay with the engine running. First thing in the morning, I start her up and wash it using just a hose and mains pressure. Unless you've got an oil leak you shouldn't need a degreaser, just use a reputable brand of truck wash.

Back