INstalling Ute/Tool Box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussifit

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just a quick appeal to the wealth of knowledge on here. Could anyone give me any tips or a step guide on how to install a ute/tool box in the back of my 06 D22 ST-R. It's got a tray liner fitted if that makes any difference.

Cheers,

What sort of tool box and where do you want it? Most of us have some form of tool box in the back and most of us probably have them installed differently too

In that case just choose a location and bolt it through whatever is there, when I eventually get around to building mine I'll probably only bolt through the floor in two places but as to where those spots are I wont know until it's in the tub

do you need to remove your tool box often? Where do you want to access it from? Sides or rear?

Be sure to check underneath where ever you're going to drill. Use a bit of primer on the holes so they don't rust out.

Jacko,

Probly just acess from the rear and not really taking it out.
Problem is i don't have any idea what bolts to use or how to actually do it.
Know of anywhere that could fit it?

good idea scotty.... or

take the spare out from under the tray and just have a good look under there to see where you can access.

if u r happy to leave it in the tray permenantly, then get some high tensile bolts (usually black) and some locktite (glue for metal, but only use once happy u got the tray in the right spot). I'd use probably 40-50mm long and 15-20mm dia. How many holes?? Depends on how big the box is. If u drill thru the tray, be sure to use a little rust kill or primer on the bare metal so it doesn't rust.

Perhaps somewhere like autobarn or supercheap might help ya if u ask real nicely and batt ur eyelids s at them.

u r in Canberra yeah? Be brave with it. You'll feel chuffed when its done. Should really be a piece of piss hey. Put up a pic when ur done.

Can you just strap the toolbox handles to a tiedown point somehow? Might be easier.

I'm now thinking of a similar type thing for a similar type box to yours. I'm thinking about using some light strapping from the toolbox and bolting it behind the tie down rails by removing the hex head screws that hold the rails on. It's not going to need heaps to hold it there and it will save drilling other holes in the body work and there is atleast 4 of those screws down the side rail.

just tek screw it use short ones and check once first goes through to see if u can drill there
mines been like that for ages

Latest posts

Back