Mods For My Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezza81

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a newbie to the 4wd scene, just brought an 06 Navara STX 2.5, manual.

Looking ways to include it, keeping in mind i'm not a hardcore 4wder, just like getting off the beaten track at times, would like to know your opinion on which brands I should take a look at for the following.

Underbody Guards - I'm thinking TJM
2 Inch Lift - " " OME
Bullbar - " " ARB Deluxe
Tubliner " " TJM
Soft Tonneu Cover " " ????

Also I have a Nissan fitted snorkel, is it true this type is only an air filter and will not keep out water? Would I be better off replacing with a Safari?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I know the above list looks like a cataloge for ARB but when your a newbie it's the first place you look i guess.

Cheers

Snorkel should be the same regardless of brand, maybe just get in the airbox and make sure it is sealed well.

I have just ordered king springs and lovells shocks, half the price of OME, will let you know in a week or two how they are.

I have TJM underbody guards, pretty cheap I reckon.

I also just got my ARB sahara bar on today, I'll get you some pics asap. Mine will be doing mainly beach work so I dont need anything hardcore. I'll stick to basics. Good tyres are next for me, probably a set of BFG all terrains.

Got pics for us?

I have fitted Brown Davis underbody guards to my D40, bit more expensive than TJM but provides better protection and easier to fit from what i have heard.
Def worth putting a set of 265/70/16 BFG A/T's on it too, will bring ur speedo into line a bit better.
As for the tub liner, i went with a Rhino spray on liner - its fantastic, anti-slip and no risk of water or dirt getting under it and causing rust - again more expensive but i think its worth it.
Interested to hear what you do with a lift kit - im still deciding which way to go - OME, EFS, Lovells, King springs, Bilsteins....not too sure yet.

Cheers,

Thanks for your thoughts guys, todd I'm waiting to hear back on a couple of quotes for BFGoodrichs A/T, there's a deal at the moment you get a free air compressor worth $300 with every full set sold so that sounds like a pretty good deal.

As soon as i start fitting some of this stuff i'll throw some photo's up.

Hey Jezza, where abouts are u located? If your in Brisbane or Gold Coast, call Tyre Plus at labrador or ace tyres at tingalpa for the tyres...i got my BFG A/T's last monday from ace tyres for $310 each...but that was the discount price for april. i think now they will be a bit more but still cheaper than most other places. Mario at ace can assist u with suspension also...he gave me a great price for EFS 2" suspension lift.
I took my truck off-road for the first time this arvo and the tyres and brown davis underbody armour did a great job! Cant fault either of them!
Let me know what u end up doing, very interested to know how u go.

Cheers, Todd

Latest posts

Back