Truck not heat great

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gallo4x4

Reaction score
Hello All I have a 3Ltr Limited Version in Ireland we have had very heavy snow fall the last 4 weeks but the Heating system is terrible is this common I am told that because it came from Aisa direction an import to Ireland the Heat may need to be changed is this true if it can not be sorted it's getting the big Heave Ho in the new year it's pissing me off as it freezing inside I ended up with the flu an on Steroids for the Christmas ruined everything Rant over Thanks

Jimmy

Be mindful that South Africa, New Zealand, Panama and Australia got the ZD30 powered ones.

South Africa is similar temps to Australia, in certain parts of NZ it snows and I dare say it would not get anywhere near as cold in all those countrys mentioned as Ireland.

Download the manual and see if the heater cores are the same between the YD25 and ZD30 powered models.

A cold night here is like 8 degrees C.

Dave.

You don't have punctuation marks in Ireland? lol

Seriously, does it have thermostat fitted or has it been removed? Is the engine actually getting up to temp in the freezing weather?

parts of NZ can get cold, -10 in the day time !

i can't say what the heater is like in the real cold. coldest i've had was only -4 overnight and heater worked fine.

could simply be not getting up to temp, have you tried the heat switch?
also do you blank out part of the radiator at all ?

Thank's everyone It has a Thermostat fitted as to blanking the radiator what is required to do this do I just cover part of the radiator and Dave where do I download the Manual to check the heater cores I am also looking for a Drivers Hand book there was none in the Truck I have asked my Brother in Sydney can one be got from a Nissan Garage as they don't want to help in Ireland as it is an import

Pm replied to mate.

I remember reading a while back about a guy in Canada who had a TD42 powered GQ Patrol. It was a import, anyway he had to put a blanket over the radiator to get it to run at the correct temp.

Apparently it got down to minus 45 over there.

Dave.

Thanks Dave the Temp here got to - 18 I live in the Curragh where all the Irish Race Horses ar trained and it was freezing could not get the doors open would take an hour for the Truck to heat up but it is a great Motor I use my for Diving it takes a lot of gear no problem pulling

Cheers.:thank_you2:

i can't comment much on setting them for low temp use, i live in winterless north (well almost).
had a mate that taped a bit of cardboard or plastic sheet across part of the radiator when he was down south.

the other thing just check underneath on the exhaust. a lot of the euro versions that nissan make often have a butterfly in the exhaust (we sometimes rig it as an exhaust brake) which comes on when you select heat mode. it helps heat the engine. you could fit an aftermarket one.

My daughter is living in Dublin, Ireland and has sent some pictures of her house and street. I'm just glad I was there in Spring.

Attachments

• My Daughter's Street.jpg
    My Daughter's Street.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 43
  • My Daughter 's  Home.jpg
    My Daughter 's Home.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 40
Back