Snorkel from exhaust pipe material

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got a quote from the exhaust guy that:rock: done my 3 inch system,for a snorkel and was pleasantly surprised.
$50 for mandrell bent one piece 3 inch snorkell....how good is that....
Then a coat of paint and the jobs done.
Going to get a 80 series cruiser air box for it and do it all at once..

PS. anyone got a template for the location of the hole in the mudguard? just a photocopy will do..
thanks.
Joe

how are you going to paint the inside?

my landcruiser metal snorkel over the last 12 years has developed rust from rain/humidity/moisture and so my air filter tends to get a few bits of rust flakes in it (can hear it when you shake it).

just something to consider as its only mild steel... still cheap though

my landcruiser metal snorkel over the last 12 years has developed rust from rain/humidity/moisture and so my air filter tends to get a few bits of rust flakes in it (can hear it when you shake it).

shouldnt matter i dont think...
as you said, the air filter will catch any flakes..

also have the option of doing it from sss exhaust pipe..
wont be that much dearer..

How about using a compressor and a spray gun to coat the inside in paint ( if you have or can borrow them) , just an idea. Sounds like a good cheap option for a snorkel you got.

I was going to say stainless also but you can do what Aido said but do it with kill rust.
Make sure you give it a good clean first though as exhaust pipe has a layer of oil over it and the paint won't stick.

Back