What year model should I buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onegarden

Reaction score
Looking to buy a Navara diesel that isn't too high tech so an old fashioned mechanic can still work on it and even rebuild bits. What year should i look for?

i would Buy a new one (And did so). They can be bought for $28000 drive away and are still a very simple vehicle. Really only the common rail fuel system is the only sophisticated system. Even new D22's hail back to the 80's in theory with the body, suspension etc.

Regards
Greg

Depends on what you have to spend, how new you want and how much power. I would get a 2007 D22 with the last of the ZD30. The Jap build quality is much better than the newer thai D22's and the ZD30 was prety solid after early 2004 and offers a more suitable torque/power curve than the 2.5CRD.

i would Buy a new one (And did so). They can be bought for $28000 drive away and are still a very simple vehicle. Really only the common rail fuel system is the only sophisticated system. Even new D22's hail back to the 80's in theory with the body, suspension etc.

Regards
Greg

28,000? I searched Nissan's website and couldn't see any of the models for that price. What model did you get?

28,000? I searched Nissan's website and couldn't see any of the models for that price. What model did you get?

thats probably an abn price
i got mine for 33k no abn driveaway but added acessories and paid 37k driveaway
you wont find a better deal on a real 4x4 :rock:

Mine is an ST-R. I bought it mid year for 31k, but have a look on carsales under Navara, Keyword ST-R, price low to high and you will see them listed from 28k or near to. Those prices are ABN prices. Likely to do even better deals in 2011 for 2010 old stock.

Regards

Greg

Mine is an ST-R. I bought it mid year for 31k, but have a look on carsales under Navara, Keyword ST-R, price low to high and you will see them listed from 28k or near to. Those prices are ABN prices. Likely to do even better deals in 2011 for 2010 old stock.

Regards

Greg

Definitely heads up on this. I got mine start of the month for $31k drive-away, NO abn. You CAN bargain them down, remember that. I went to 3 different nissan dealers sweet talking them until i got 31k which i was more than happy with. Love my D22, simple yet sophisticated :)

Back