service light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crack

Reaction score
gday guys

just had my 10k service and my mechanic fogot to turn service light off. how do i turn it off?

did a search and couldnt find anything.

cheers
jack

Turn ignition to ON, then push the odo reset button while the spanner and service interval distance is showing. The service interval should now flash and you can change the figure to whatever you want it to be.

Oh hang on that's for the STX, you've got a KC, it might be different. I was assuming you meant the little spanner flashing telling you it's over due for a service and the kilometers

2010 st dualcab. yeh its a little spanner. when i turn on ignition spanner come up with -9 then the odo comes up and theres a spanner next to it.

Ok before the -9 goes back to the trip meter press and hold the reset button for a few seconds. I can't remember whether the -9 flashes or if it goes to zero but once it's flashing you can wind it either way and get the numbers to change. I'm fairly sure you can only wind it in 1000's so just wind it to 10K (not the actual kilometers) and leave it and the car should revert to the trip meter, then next time you turn the ignition on your new distance to service should be show. If you do make a mistake and get the wrong figure jsut repeat the procedure.

In my R51 it defaults to 5000km when you start the reset procedure, handy for me as that is how often I do it anyway.

Might be 5000 in the D40 too, all I remember is that you put in the distance to service not the distance you want the next service at. I made the mistake after the first service when I tried to wind it up to 20K and realised next time I turned it on it was telling me I had 20K to go to my next service, lucky it's easily fixed at any time.

10k in D40 between services isnt it? when i reset the service reminder it automatically set it to 10k so next one is due at 20k

ok so to set my service light i had to push in and hold in the odo button and start the car to reset it. also while messing around i found that pushing and holding in the clock button while pushing in the odo button sent the clocks thru a test with all the needles bouncing up and down and if you keep pressing the odo button it goes theu a whole of heap of other stuff testing all the dash lights ,one came up battery not sure weather or not the numbers were the voltage or not , this is on the v6 engine

Back