Aberfeldy 2.1.2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Did a quick afternoon run with TaylorNav on Sunday arvo.

Went up past Aberfeldy and down O'Keefe Track and back along Pluto Link Track, crossed the river and had a crack at Spud Spur Track. Got about 3/4 of the way up the first section and called it quits. Very steep and the rocks just kept getting bigger and the Nav was bouncing all over the place - and I didn't want to break anything. I tried slowing up to reduce the bounce and it stalled. Handbrake struggled to hold and I could not get enough revs up to launch again so Taylor Nav and his mate came and walked me down backwards about 150 metres to a spot where he had chosen to stop, and we could both turn around. Now I have that nagging thought of whether I could have made it over the first lip had I not stalled!!!

Anyway - we went back up Pluto Track - some nice steep and rocky stuff - and back to the Walhalla Road.

Found Violet Town Track and went down to the river and along Red Jacket Track and up Victor Spur Road. Headed for Erica along Walhalla Road, and a couple of beers in the pub.

Some nice tracks and some great unburnt country to be seen. We plan to go back and explore a bit more when we can utilise a full day. When we decide on a date I'll post up for a VNOG trip (possibly 19 or 20 Feb).

Cheers.

Last edited:
That Spud spur is pretty hairy,i rode most of the way down on the bash plates.
Don't think i would like to try to drive up.

Was a good day out Ridgie. Made the mistake of opening the thread with my wife present. Doesnt look like 19th and 20th of February will work for me. Baby is due on the 21st.
There were some good camp sites along the river. However i'd like to check out Jericho sometime. Has anyone camped out there before?

How was the river crossing at the bottom of Violet Town track? I crossed there the weekend after they reopened the tracks this year and the Jordan River was flowing quickly and was about 1m deep, bow wave was onto the windshield! Also, how's that bog hole on Pluto Link track just before the turn onto Spud Spur now?

Also, how was the crossing on Victor Spur track? When I saw it the other weekend there was flood debris everywhere, at least a couple of trees (nothing too big) needed to be moved to get access to the river....

Taylor Nav - whoops! I knew it was close to those dates. We will discuss suitable dates.

docp1980 - All the crossings were fine - no dramas at all. The crossing at Victor Spur Track? - the only crossing was over a bridge and access was clear. Bog holes were nothing to speak of - easy going.

Sounds like a for more relaxing drive than what we did. Aido used more fuel in his chainsaw than the car.

Was a good day out Ridgie. Made the mistake of opening the thread with my wife present. Doesnt look like 19th and 20th of February will work for me. Baby is due on the 21st.
There were some good camp sites along the river. However i'd like to check out Jericho sometime. Has anyone camped out there before?

anyone done any fishing along there?

Your wife clearly does not understand the significance of VNOG! (god I hope she's not reading this, or we're all in trouble!!)

Back