Back from a week on Fraser Island

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
Few rainy days, few sunny days, on to the pics.

The house we stayed in.

IMG_5549Medium.jpg

View from the verandah.

IMG_5744Medium.jpg

Wathumba Creek.

IMG_5659Medium.jpg

Waddy Point.

IMG_5733Medium.jpg

Random beach photo.

IMG_5691Medium.jpg

Driving up the beach.

IMG_5758Medium.jpg

Bit of a puddle.

IMG_5763Medium.jpg

Ouch, busted upper control arm.

IMG_5932Medium.jpg

make me wanna make a trip up there. how did the 4 rib go on the sand? that Wathumba Creek pic would make a great wallpaper... can you email me a high res one?

Last edited:
Looks beautiful, i was glad you got a few fine days in there, it wasn't looking too promising at the start of the week!

Were the tracks pretty easy going after all the rain?

Ha ha, no back packer pics sorry, I would end up with a massive thick ear!

The tracks were pretty good, some soft area's. The 4 Rib Mickey T's were fantastic, didn't let me down at all and bagged out very nicely when dropped down in pressure.

The canopy did great, it has a couple of gaps in it towards the tail gate but nothing a bit of Sika wont fix.

No prob on the high res pic Al, pm me through your email address.

Looks like it was a good trip ive been the last three years in a row but did nt end up goin this year due to all the rain

mate i was up there for the first time and it piss down everyday we were there and it is a long way to everything, its a bit hard with small kids driving all day but i will be back with the boys and my boat.

Last edited:
Looks awesome mate, we spent a week up there this time last year and busted the bottom radiator tank, lucky the bush mechanic fixed it for us.

Is that a D40 with the busted upper arm? If so do you know how they did it?

The tracks weren't very busy, I think the weather kept a few away.

I think the busted UCA was on a Ranger, can't remember for sure, didn't see them do it, just followe dthem back up the beach.

looks good mate. I went up there for a week for christmas new years 09/10 was a great trip something i will always remember. Being a victorian it felt like a big accomplishment. I must say it pelted down for a few days while I was there but the inland tracks the navara just punched through I had no problems at all. I also had alot of fun driving high tide. my mate was biting my head off through the uhf because i would not stop, hitting wash outs full pelt, not a good idea, but i was loving it. take 75 mile beach as soon as u get off barge. try to avoid inland track through. the corrugations were absoloutely insane, i broke a few things in my tray thanks to them lol. one other unfortunate thing off my trip was my alternator decided to shit itself new years eve, so i spent new years morning with the mechanic haha

Heading up there in 4 weeks - can't wait! First time in the Nav but did it last year in our Disco and loved it. Hopefully the fish are more cooperative this time ;)

I just got back from Fraser last weekend. Spent a good 5 days over there, fishing and maintaining lubrication constantly. Chopper taylor going off at the moment, first three casts caught 3 (undersize) taylor. Did end up catching plenty of legal size (around 400mm) so the kipper box was going constantly! Weather was absolutely perfect... in fact, in all the years i've been going there i've never seen it so flat outside the breakers. I reckon if you go in October, you'll get bigger fish. Note to anyone going though... If you want good Jew and Greenbacks, head out at night either side of high tide and fish deep gutters... there's one about 2.4km up from Eurong Sth entrance.

Amusing thing happened while over there (sorry its a bit long)...
So sometime Tuesday night we were on our way back from the pub at Eurong headed to Eurong Sth where we were staying in a mates holiday house. Came across a bunch of people sitting on the beach having a few quiet ones and shooting the sh*t. Decided to mingle, grabbed the esky and joined them for a few. Turns out they were all backpackers staying nearby on a volunteer working program with a free tour around the island at the end of their 2 weeks. I was completely buggered after about an hour, so decided to head back to catch some sleep. Woke up in the morning (in my swag on the floor) only to find one of the backpackers on the couch looking at me! Seems some of the boys decided to invite her to join us on our fishing adventures for the next few days. Sounds good to me, she seems like a cool chick.
By Thursday she'd seen a fair bit of the island and caught herself some taylor so she's pretty stoked with herself. We arrive back at the house in the afternoon, start cleaning up and all of a sudden another one of the backpackers comes running over. Turns out they didn't know where she'd been and had reported her missing to the Police! He takes off to call the cops, who turn up 5 mins later. He'd been posting missing person posters all over the island and told us "if you hurry, you might even catch a story about it on the local news". So naturally, all us boys are pissing ourselves laughing and race in the house to see it. For the next few days, everywhere we went we were getting people coming up to us saying "your the boys!" and "there she is, that missing chick!". Although it was a serious thing, we couldn't help but laugh at how easily it all happened and how utterly random it was! I have been told (by her and all the rest of the lads) that the other backpackers were told that she was coming with us, so it seems it may have been a little practical joke gotten out of hand! Needless to say, she's got a great story and one of the "missing posters" as a memento to take back home to mother England!

Latest posts

Back