camper trailer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJZ987

Reaction score
Hi,
im looking at buying a camper trailer just wondering if anyone has any recomendations, i have about $6k to spend.

Cheers.
Anthony

GIC !!!
Have seen plenty of them around and from what I've heard most people are pretty happy with their purchase!
Camper Trailers & Camper Tent Experts Australia - GIC Campers
Camped next to a family who bought a Bush Boy camper second hand for about three grand and they're very happy with it, no kitchen or bells and whistles but a good solid trailer and decent canvas. It did pis down rain one night while we were there and the only prob they had was leaving the window open lol!

Have fun looking cheers Brad

yeah i actually was looking on their website earlier they were probably the best in my price range and they are not far from home, cheers for that, hopefully i get one soon and ill be able to go camping.

There are heaps of variations out there. Here's a couple of things to look at.

* Suspension? It needs some. Parts should be standard so if you need to fix it, you can.

* Does it have everything you want? It should have a bed, kitchen, storage for gas bottles, maybe storage for jerry cans for fuel. It should have a water tank underneath with a stone guard (thin metal sheet, it's enough).

* Does it have stabilisers? You will hate it if the thing rocks and bounces at the slightest provocation. Corner stabilisers that wind down and support each corner will stop that.

* Does it have storage for food/clothing and is that storage dust/water tight?

Also look at how easy it is to set up. Some of the units are as easy as "pull this lever, then that handle, connect this pole here and bingo!". Others take half an hour and require an intricate set of instructions to get it right.

They're usually built on box trailers, and they're usually light, so they won't need load levelers and you won't need to extend your mirrors.

Just make sure you have the right trailer plug for it and if not, adapters are available. I carry a flat-to-round adapter with me at all times, in case I need to tow a trailer with a round plug on it - I have a flat 12-pin adapter on my car, which matches the 7-pin flat adapter too but has another row of 5 heavier pins that I use for auxiliary power and brake power.

Oh, make sure the trailer has a working handbrake.

the one i looked at from GIC has everything u have mentioned plus electric brakes it costs $10900 brand new its a 12ft tent, if i dont spend money on the ute for a while i might be able to save up enough to buy one by march, unless i find a second hand one or settle on a cheaper one.

i already have a brake controller in the ute so thats a bonus. thanks for the help guys, hoping to do some camping and off roading alot more this year.

Another thing to check is that you and wife/kids? can actually put it up without salesmen help. My young teenage sons can put ours up no drama,s. My cousin with daughters has a few struggles but also his awning is connected to main roof. So makes for extra weight on setup, Something to consider

Also check whether it is an on road, off road or semi off road trailer.
Nothing worse than wanting to go off road but your trailer isn't capable of following.

Where are you located.I bought one last year brand new with everything on it like stainless kitchen,60 ltr water tank,electric brakes,12 volt pump,big tool box,battery pack,led lights,4x4 trailer hitch for $6750.00.He had a bleeding arse when I left as I screwed him hard on price but I was happy and my tent is bloody huge.comes with an extra room aswell.
It is an ezytrail camper and I bought it from dorset road in Bayswater Victoria.
PM me and I will try and find there number for you.Cheers Scotty.

No wife or kids so all good there. Cheers for that Scotty I'm based in Sydney but i will pm u and grab that number because ill try the one nevyn posted as they are 20 minute from home and if I have no luck its a nice drive to Victoria in the nav. Cheers

Anthony.

Scotty its goin ok just been looking at quality and pricing at the moment then when i get back from america i will start with the hounding and get one asap. sorry dave i think i was looking in the d22 section when i thought about posting this, cheers.

Anthony

I was in the same boat before xmas, looked and looked, finally brought an xtrail ranger, maybe a bit more then you want to spend , but after looking at alot of other ones and secondhand units decided it was the best value for $$$. I think they do cheaper ones based on the 6x4 box trailer , great quaility. Be careful of any of the chinesse ones, from what we saw they were really poor quality , cheap everything and i don't think they would last on a dirt road letalone a 4wd track. With the ranger the only thing stopping us doing difficult tracks is the car

Back