Some where in the Simpson Desert

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floydo

Reaction score
Probably the Start of the French line out from Purnie Bore.

New Years Resolution - R200A Conversion

To replace the the one i busted on this trip.

Attachments

• IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 30,500
Awesome stuff. Massive amounts of dust over the front of your rig, how do you cope? I'd sit behind and use radio to stay in touch, I can't stand the dust. Maybe I'm not as adventurous any more!

Not dust, mud

Hi Tony
That isn't dust , but mud.
The oonadatta track and track through hamilton station, massive water puddles.
We were the first group through Hamilton station this year. Oonadatta track only opened north of william creek 2 days before we got there.
Dust was only a problem in the tub, the c anopy sucked it in like a 2 bob hooker.

Floydo, I'll see you and raise you in the Simo desert mud stakes...

P1010436.jpg

Taken Sept 2010

Last edited:
Always a mud pig in every group

We had one in our group who had to drive straight through every thing.

How was the water out there? The water from big red.

How green was it ? Hardly call it a desert.

Which direction did you cross? French or Rig Roads

We were there in Sept. as well.

I crossed in 2003. Completely different, just sand, no wildlife, Eyre creek what creek?

When we went to Uluru we saw a lot of dry creeks, but we also saw some that had pools in them, so there were recent flows. That was 26th/27th and 31st of December for the return trip.

I'm a bitumen pig. We did a little of the Ernest Giles Road, but with a full-sized van we didn't want to do anything harder, and the EG road was a bastard with corrugations that wanted to put my head through the roof. Didn't want a dent up there, so we turned around and left.

We had one in our group who had to drive straight through every thing.

How was the water out there? The water from big red.

How green was it ? Hardly call it a desert.

Which direction did you cross? French or Rig Roads

We were there in Sept. as well.

I crossed in 2003. Completely different, just sand, no wildlife, Eyre creek what creek?

We had no choice but to drive thru the mud as that was the firmest ground from years of being driven on. Water everywhere! At Freeth Junction the water stretch as far as you could see in every direction and the only way we knew where the track was by the GPS. It was unnerving!

We travelled west to east and went right down to lone gum.

Latest posts

Back