Water not spraying out from wipers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4low

Reaction score
The other day when I went to squirt water on the windscreen from the little holes on the bonnet (stuffs me the technical term!) it didnt do its thing.

Yes there is water in the reservoir and I have checked the fuse and the holes and they are clear. The wipers do work when I trigger it but the water doesn't come out

What else should I check?

hey there 4low

when you try to spray the water do you hear the motor making a noise or whining. if not you may have a loosebroken wire on the motor. otherwise the motor may have seized.

just a thought

Can you hear the little pump motor running?

Try sticking a pin in each hole, they could have got clogged up with dirt and grit.

there is a possibility that the hose is blocked as well not just the nozzles

just another idea to put out there

I couldnt hear the motor running and checked the connections to the wiper motor which all seemed fine. All hoses were connected to the bottle too so might be the motor. Next day off i might pull out the hoses and check if they are blocked

i have that problem on the drivers side only.
i have tried a thin wire to clean the holes,blew them out with compressed air and it wont frkn spray water.
when i take the hose off,water comes out...
how do you remove the crappy little thing from the bonnet?
Joe

A quick test for the motor if it's accessible. Hook up some leads to the battery and bridge the motor, if your standing next to it and the terminals are bridged and you don't hear it running it's the motor, if the motor runs then the problem is elsewhere. Of course there is some risk involved in that so be careful but it's really not that dangerous.

I think it was in my wife's car, we couldn't get the rear sprayer to work and I traced it back to a blocked one-way valve in the line to the rear window. Algae had formed in there and stopped any flow.

I would guess in this case though that either the pump motor has seized, or the electricals aren't working. Pull the fuse out and test it with a multimeter. Make sure the contacts are clean, put it back in.

Put a meter/lamp across the plug at the washer pump and see if it shows voltage when switched on. I have also had algea block the filter before the pump in other vehicles so check that too.
cheers

If the pump is working pull the hoses off and blow them out and then get a small safety pin and push it through the holes in the squirters.Try it again.If it works and your sprayers are spraying in the wrong place put the pin back into the squirters and adjust them.

I'll give those options a go, if unsuccessful then an auto-electrician will have to solve it for me

The fuses are all good, and yes Dave there is water in the bottle lol

Latest posts

Back