Installing snorkel shortly, 95mm hole..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hey fellas,
Ive nearly built up enough courage to drill a hole through my beautiful truck! (hopefully this weekend).
I've got access to a 95mm hole saw and my hole should be 90mm.
Ive checked that the snorkel is wider than 95mm (thanks señor bobcat) do that the hole will definitely not show. I will seal around the hole also.
Before I do it, can anyone think if there's another reason the hole can't be slightly larger?
Any other tips would be appreciated!
Someone did a bio with pics if an install recently, I'll see if I can find that too!
Cheers and a happy new year! (can only get better for you Aido!)

Just installed a snorkel on mine recently mate, and in my opinion it'd be in your favour to be slightly larger. I actually had to slightly slot the fixing holes as the template wasn't perfect. I'd also recommend a stepped "perlin" type drill bit for the fixing holes. Good luck and enjoy the turning your hand inside out to get the nuts on!!! You will be glad you did it though. Oh, I'd also recommend a dab of permatex on the threads to stop loosening from vibration.

Thanks for the advice advice Yakka. That drill bit, u mean one that kind of has a good locating tip, kinda like a funnel?
Which snorkel did you do? Mines the Nissan one.

Have fun doing it up, Beg, borrow or steal a set of ratchet ring spanners. They make it a little bit easier.

I am about to tackle my safari snorkel this w/e. My mate is a boilermaker by trade and pretty clued on when it comes to measurements, drilling into things.

Hopefully i can get it done, if not, its only a new quarter panel. :D

Brett

I am about to tackle my safari snorkel this w/e. My mate is a boilermaker by trade and pretty clued on when it comes to measurements, drilling into things.

Hopefully i can get it done, if not, its only a new quarter panel. :D

Brett

Good luck mate, I'll see you on here next week, we'll either braggin about how good we are, or we'll be in the wanted section lookin for new panels!
You've got a stencil I presume?

Good luck mate, I'll see you on here next week, we'll either braggin about how good we are, or we'll be in the wanted section lookin for new panels!
You've got a stencil I presume?

Haha!!, yeah, im quite happy to give it a try, Only one way to learn. :stupido2:

Yep, comes with stencil. Doesn't your genuine Nissan snorkel come with one?

Brett

I have ratchet ring spanners Marcus if you get stuck.Go the 95mm hole saw so you have a little bit to play with.Put some kill rust or touch up paint where you have drilled the holes.
Silicon all the joins where the pipes join and do the clamps up.

I have ratchet ring spanners Marcus if you get stuck.Go the 95mm hole saw so you have a little bit to play with.Put some kill rust or touch up paint where you have drilled the holes.
Silicon all the joins where the pipes join and do the clamps up.

Cheers Scotty, I like your 95mm idea, it allows a small margin for error.
I'll buzz ya if I need spanners. And yeah all over the kill rust.

How hard can it be? If those apprentice numb nuts at Nissan can do it you could probably train a monkey to do it, and with better outcomes for lower labour costs. :cheers!:

Did mine a couple months ago, and agree the oversized hole/s will make it much easier, as long as they're not seen...

I used a step bit to oversize some of the 11mm holes as well to aid in everything lining up.

Was a little nervous too, so dry fitted it a heap of times and just slowly adjusted as I went.

Might have taken a few hours longer than a monkey, but saved $300 or so and am very happy with the result!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back