d21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happytimes

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I've recently become the new owner of a 1986 2.5 diesel d21 navara and was just curious as to what they are like. This particular one Im guessing seeing as it's only a small engine bigger tyres wouldn't be too practical? I was thinking maybe some 31's later on down the track. Anyone have any info on these old trucks off road? It'll most likely be doing a bit of beach work and will also be my daily driver and I was curious as to how it would go performance wise. Please excuse if I post in the wrong section this forum stuff takes a bit of getting used to.
Cheers

Yeah, welcome happytimes. I've got an 86 myself. It had the old carby petrol engine originally, which I upgraded to the efi model, and am now plonking in a 2.7L turbo diesel. I guess I spend more time under than in the damn thing.

Love mine on the road, other than fuel use, but the diesel should be better. Never be a race car, but the 2.5 diesel in yours will certainly let you enjoy the scenery. Don't really get mine offroad as such, but handles the rural roads and water crossings round here quite well.

I've had mine for 5 years now, recently bought a newer Land Rover Discovery, but still find myself jumping in the Nav for local driving whenever I get the chance. I replaced the seats this week from a D21 Terrano, and it has made a massive difference in the ride. If your seats are stuffed like mine were, I'd highly recommend doing it as the first thing. D22 seats will bolt straight in as well I believe.

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure if I need some new seat as it's been kept in extremely good condition which I'm really impressed with but if they do need replacing I'll definatly take your advice on the D22 seats.

Latest posts

Back