Hyper duel battery kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsey

Reaction score
I see Super Cheap have a special that if you buy a deep cycle battery (Century) you get $50 off a Hyper duel battery kit - normally $149. Has anyone had experience with this brand?

Usually these SCA pre-packaged kits aren't as good quality as the price suggest. I haven't seen the one your suggesting but if it's the same as the one they were advertising 6 months ago it's a very basic kit. Deep cycle of a lowish rating, single isolator and some cable. Yes it's enough to make a basic battery kit but for a few dollars more you can buy a better system, which will include a better battery, the correct cabling (I think the SCA only uses 4mm), a name brand isolator and atleast one fuse.

I see Super Cheap have a special that if you buy a deep cycle battery (Century)

On observation on deep cycle prices. I've only ever seen model in SCA, but around the corner(here) Repco had four models and the price difference was negligible between the different capacities; 50, 65, 70, 90.

Still to do a dual battery installation, buy my 2c is that you get what you pay for. As mentioned, cable size is a very important factor.

I'm shopping around for a kit,got a quote today for a kit with a battery box,a few sockets scattered around the vehicle and a 100ah agm battery.
$984.00 fitted.........:hmmmm2:
Dunno if this is a good price or not.I need another beer.

I'll keep shopping around,might have a crack at it myself although i will most probably set the ute on fire.
Got to get ready for the new engel at the end on the month.
Santa bourbon,nice..

I'll give you a hand doing the install, can discuss it tomorrow.

Why the Engel, the 3way fridge not big enough?

Not sure exactly what they're like but in battery world they have a basic Matson kit for about 180. Same kit is on eBay for 120, along with many others. That's where I'd be looking. There's a bloke selling deep cycle 2nd hand batteries from telecommunications systems too, apparently they've had no use and are gel style, buy
It now 130, I'm curious to find out more.
Also remember you'll need a battery charger for a deep cycle.

Not sure exactly what they're like but in battery world they have a basic Matson kit for about 180. Same kit is on eBay for 120, along with many others. That's where I'd be looking. There's a bloke selling deep cycle 2nd hand batteries from telecommunications systems too, apparently they've had no use and are gel style, buy
It now 130, I'm curious to find out more.
Also remember you'll need a battery charger for a deep cycle.

Thanks Marcus,i had alook at them today,part of plan b.

Not big enough and it's crap on 12v.
Getting a 60 litre.

Mines a 60L, best size IMO.
I have found the old gas fridge is still handy on a long camps in one spot, doesn't matter how big the battery is, it's going to go flat with out constant engine running to top it up.

I'll keep the 3 way,the missus and i will one day do a big trip and it might come handy.

I'll keep the 3 way,the missus and i will one day do a big trip and it might come handy.

My understanding is that on 12V, the three way fridges just run and run. No thermostat working. the work around has been to install a timer and just run it in short bursts.

Somewhere on the campertrailer.org site is apparently a circuit you can build.

I have heard they go very good on lpg.

My understanding is that on 12V, the three way fridges just run and run. No thermostat working.

I don't know for sure about the newer ones but this is definitely the case with three ways made from the mid 90's to the mid 00's

Latest posts

Back