upgrading radio head unit.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoknows

Reaction score
I'd like to pick up a new head unit for my Nav, looking at a double din with mp3/ipod controls, CD, blue tooth, reversing camera & navigation.

I don't need 100 watts per channel for huge speakers etc and have no particular brand in mind, just want a good easy to use unit that works.....

What does everyone have, and are there any web sites with reviews. It would be good to be able to compare units without the sales people just trying to sell just one brand.

Hey mate,

I'm running a Pioneer DEH-4150SD single din unit, which does iPod and all that jaz.

There is a double din navagtion/headunit jigger available on ebay, a couple of the lads have them installed. The thread is here.

Head units can get very pricey very quickly with all of the bells and whistles!

Look on ebay for one. you will be able to get one from the states pretty cheap and i think they can supply it with Aussie maps. they have pioneer, alpine, clarion etc. worth a try. i just got a dvd screen for my nav it is a boss audio it cost me 250 includin postage and works a treat just doesnt have the navigation but everything else.

i have a kenwood double din with everything on it, sat nav, bluetooth, sd reader, usb reader, it wasnt cheap but im really happy with it.

What was the model kenwood unit was it AJZ987.

I would prefer to stick with the well known brands like kenwood, poineer, alpine etc.

Looked at a few alpine units over the weekend, any thoughts how they stack up against the other brands. The sales women suggested they were the best unit to buy if you wanted evrything on it, but I tend to take what sales people say with a pinch of salt.

Alpine units are the best out there i beleive. If i had the money i would of got one myself

If you're in a pickle have a look on Amazon. There are some extraordinary deals on there.

Mine is an 8034 bt but if I were to do it again a would buy pioneer as they are a lot more user friendly.

i put 1 of those jap double din import 1's in and had no probs and it does everything! just went to autopro to get adapter to fit current wiring and new head unit, plugged it in and away we went woohoo

Latest posts

Back