warn xd9000

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bent

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
my missus drives an R51 pathfinder that is fitted with a warn xd9000 winch. I was wanting to take it off this and put it on my '05 d22 but i am not sure if it will work. On the pathy the top bolts go thru the fairlead and the bottom bolts thru the bullbar. On my nav it looks like the bottom bolts will go thru the fairlead and the top ones thru the bullbar. just wondering if anyone else has the same winch on their nav and if it will actually work.
cheers.

Not too sure but I thought most winches can be set up to spool from above or below the drum. I think you can flip the whinch over so the motor and gears are at opposite ends then rotate the ends to face up again.

Cheers

Hi everyone,
my missus drives an R51 pathfinder that is fitted with a warn xd9000 winch. I was wanting to take it off this and put it on my '05 d22 but i am not sure if it will work. On the pathy the top bolts go thru the fairlead and the bottom bolts thru the bullbar. On my nav it looks like the bottom bolts will go thru the fairlead and the top ones thru the bullbar. just wondering if anyone else has the same winch on their nav and if it will actually work.
cheers.

Mate, pull the winch off the R51. It will fit no worries on your D22, the only thing you may need to alter is the motor and engage/dis engage housings which need to be rotated when installing anyhow (easy job).

:cheers!:

thanks heaps guys should be able to do it tomorrow. thought it might be better off on a real fourby rather than a station wagon with big wheels.:sarcastic:

thanks for your help guys, pulled the winch off yesterday. before i put it onto the nav i thought that i might clean it and put new grease in there. I was thinking marine wheel bearing grease, would this be ok? also i was wondering about the gaskets, they look ok but i was wondering if i should replace them or just clean them up. the other thing was the motor. should i pull this apart and spray a bit of wd40 in there or leave it alone?
thanks.

Back