Andrew's 2006 STR Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacknav

Reaction score
I have been on this forum for a while and thought it was about time i started a ride thread on my Navara.

It was purchased late Sept'10 with 35,000klm on the clock, it came with the canopy, in-dash DVD and the horrible factory bridgestone tires.

Attachments

• P4230700 Paint.jpg
    P4230700 Paint.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 25,725
  • P4230698 paint.jpg
    P4230698 paint.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 230
I then put on a set of 265/75/16 Cooper ST's after getting fed up with fighting to keep the car straight in the wet on the standard duellers. A couple weeks later the car got rear ended, so courtesy of insurance on went a DX numberplate panel and ARB Rear Step Towbar.

Attachments

• P4280761.jpg
    P4280761.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 228
How do you find the Coopers?

Is there any scrubbing with the slightly bigger tyres or does it have a suspension lift?

On road the coopers are good, although noisier than the standard bridgestones. They seam to wear well (20,000klm on them now). They can still be a bit taily on roundabouts in the wet but it is a ute and the accelerator can sometimes be to blame. Offroad i have been very impressed with them as a A/T tyre. Sure muddies would be better again but the ST's are my compromise between on and offroad.

The car is on stock suspension and as far as scrubbing goes i haven't noticed any on the rear and the tyre fitters only knifed off a small square peice inside each front mudflap.

Usually floats around somewhere in-between Greenhills, Heatherbrae and Edgeworth. I haven't managed to spot yours either yet.

Looks great. Gotta say, I'm hanging out severely to get our ARB canopy, still a while off yet though. Too many things to buy/pay off around the house first, :sad:

can you put a couple of pics up of your ARB rear step?
Im looking at getting one for mine but unsure what it will look like.

Thanks
Josh

This is very strange. Do either of you guys exist?
Cheers,
Phil

Very much so. The Nav isn't getting driven that much at the moment, i am running around in the gf's 87 Mazda 121 until the RTA returns her license in March.

The next thing i did was re-install my alarm, uhf and amp carried over from my old mazda 626. Had to get a new sub and custom make the box as fitting the old one behind the back seat was never going to happen.

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 589
  • Sub and Amp.jpg
    Sub and Amp.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 937
  • interior 2.jpg
    interior 2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
After a close encounter with a puddle i decided to add a snorkel with the YD25 intake pipe modification to allow for the second battery to be moved up the front. I installed the snorkel myself.

Many thanks to Garry from nizzbits for the supply of the snorkel and Nathan96 for the YD25 pipe.

Attachments

• Template Aligned.jpg
    Template Aligned.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Holes treated.jpg
    Holes treated.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Snorkel Bracket.jpg
    Snorkel Bracket.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 284
  • YD25 intake pipe.jpg
    YD25 intake pipe.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 288
  • Silicone.jpg
    Silicone.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 281
Some more pics of the fitted snorkel. Just a note to those installing the genuine snorkel, make sure you remove the 2 pins holding the nissan badge to the snorkel body and silicone them back in as this is one of the places i found to have a tiny leak.

Attachments

• Snorkel Fitted.jpg
    Snorkel Fitted.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Snorkel fitted 2.jpg
    Snorkel fitted 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 192
can you put a couple of pics up of your ARB rear step?
Im looking at getting one for mine but unsure what it will look like.

Thanks
Josh

As requested here is a picture, will take a few more and add later if you need be. I also self installed this bar.

Attachments

• Rear Step Towbar.jpg
    Rear Step Towbar.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 263
Spent some time over the Christmas holidays tidying up some of the wiring, whilst i was at it i ended up making a bracket to mount a fuse block for all the accessories.

A quick inspection revealed a small amount of oil in the intake so some steps were taken to fix that issue, yet to install a catch can.

Attachments

• Fuse block.jpg
    Fuse block.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Crossover pipe.jpg
    Crossover pipe.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Oil in turbo.jpg
    Oil in turbo.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 242
  • EGR Plate.jpg
    EGR Plate.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 248
Looks sweet mate. fuse block looks nice and neat.

How much did you pay for your arb rear bar if you dont mind me asking?

Looks sweet mate. fuse block looks nice and neat.

How much did you pay for your arb rear bar if you dont mind me asking?

I paid whatever they retailed for at ARB at the time, $740 i think. Didn't have the most pleasurable service from them. It took 2.5 months to be delivered, i have my suspicions it was sold at the big Sydney 4x4 expo at the time before it made it to Newcastle. That said i am happy with it.

Andrew were you at the Windsor on friday night ?

Someone put a Ironman figurine in my weather shield.

I seen a Navara similar to yours there anyway.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back