G'day Nissan Nuts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodneyrev

Reaction score
Hi everyone, after looking for a while I finally joined. I have an 04 Navara DX dual cab with a Diesel/Gas Australia conversion. It lifted a couple of inches with EFS springs
and shocks, ARB canopy, TJM tub liner, home made drawers, uniden UHF, Nissan bull bar with IPF lights and a T-Max 10000lb winch. I recently blocked the egr, loved the torque increase but the gas consumption went
thru the roof. It is fixed now. I have just done the butterfly conversion.
Does anyone know of a commercially available catch can, quotes for making one are pretty horrendous. I dont have much spase as there is 2nd battery where the fuel filter used to be.

Rod

pleanty of basic catch cans at supercheap/repco/parts store, but you will need to mod it and ad filter medium. (eg scour pads)

provent make a comerical one with built in filter. not cheap but it does have pressure valves in case it blocks up.

loaction to install it......where ever you can. i fitted mine on to the fuel filter bracket.

Hi everyone, after looking for a while I finally joined. I have an 04 Navara DX dual cab with a Diesel/Gas Australia conversion. It lifted a couple of inches with EFS springs
and shocks, ARB canopy, TJM tub liner, home made drawers, uniden UHF, Nissan bull bar with IPF lights and a T-Max 10000lb winch. I recently blocked the egr, loved the torque increase but the gas consumption went
thru the roof. It is fixed now. I have just done the butterfly conversion.
Does anyone know of a commercially available catch can, quotes for making one are pretty horrendous. I dont have much spase as there is 2nd battery where the fuel filter used to be.

Rod

I've got the same problem in finding a location mate, I have a piranha tray where everyone seems to put their catch can. I bought a catch can from supercheap auto and I think I will just have to make a bracket somewhere. Maybe even behind the bullbar or something.

No they catch the oil from blow by and stop it from going through the intake. Oil and EGR creates a filthy intake.

Dave.

my ute has 70000K on it now, too late to block egr and add catch can? motor is probally all dirty and shit already :( 2nd hand cars

Latest posts

Back