indicator/high beam stalk.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobys

Reaction score
l know this has been covered in previous posts,but thought l would tell you what l did anyway.
firstly,my high beams would only work on occassions,then it got worse and only one light would go to High.After putting up with this for a while,l would be driving along and decide to go to high beam and all the lights would turn off for a few seconds before engaging H/B.Which became dangerous.
So l decided to wire in my Spotties.l picked up the switch wire from the parking light for the relay.That way l just use low beam at all times and when needed,l use the toggle/spottie switch as my high beam.it works fine but l'm guessing its probably not legal.Sorry for the long explanation,but it saved me the hassle of replacing the faulty stalk.
cheers Bobys

Illegal or not if it got the job done with minimum fuss and cost then it's all good.

We used to always wire spotties up separately and run them off their own switches, we even put a Holden floor dimmer switch in a Hiace van to switch the spotties, when the auto elec found out what we wanted to do the guy initially refused to sell us the dimmer switch because such switching was illegal, in the end a sale won out over feelings.

The other way to fix it is to get a new switch from eBay, It'll cost you about $20.00 and it takes 5 minutes to fit it.
That's what I did when I had the same issues.

Thx max,when searching on Ebay? what do l type in to search,as in, what is the part actually called? is it really that easy/quick to fix when you have the new part? cheers mate.

Illegal or not if it got the job done with minimum fuss and cost then it's all good.
we even put a Holden floor dimmer switch in a Hiace van to switch the spotties,.
the old Floor switch is a good idea,l remeber they use to work ok in the old days. :)

They were a brilliant idea especially for a separately switched system where you might want both high beam and spotties but not always use both at the same time. What they don't need is the lecture from the auto elec about whether they are legal or not.

Latest posts

Back