NSW Flood Appeal 4WD Day Trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As discussed in this thread, we should organise ourselves a day trip to have a little fun and raise money for the flood victims. Cash to the Salvation Army is probably the best way to do this, so we'll cobble together a few quid and forward it to Dylan who can present it to them on behalf of this community.

We need ideas for a trip. I don't mind if it's just a road trip and our rig isn't going to do too well in moderate or worse off-road as its factory Continentals are nearing the end of their life - we should be organising a day run, not a "rescue the old fart from the 2 inches of mud" trip!

We need to keep the thing central to most people, to get as many people on board as possible.

To that end, a run from Sydney through the Southern Highlands might be nice, or up to Mt Panorama. We could do a trip from Windsor up the Putty Rd and back down the freeway, or just a simple run through say the Watagans Forest on one of the main tracks with a picnic at one of the campgrounds like Old Onley Headquarters.

Let's have some suggestions and get something organised for a Sunday. My Saturdays are toast until mid-February.

Is Sunday a good day or would Saturday be preferred?

What destination?

I reckon it'd be rather cool to head off from Windsor at about 9am and head for Mt Panorama. We could line up on the grid with the hat full of cash and get some pics taken too. We could have a picnic lunch at McPhillamy Park (top of Skyline) and head for home.

How's that sound?

Mt Panorama is good if its on I dont mind if its a Sat or Sun. This weekend is bad though.

Still waiting on the v6 nav, I hope you wont mind a Patrol in the pics :)

Chris

As is often the case for us NSWers we didn't do it. Personally I haven't the time to get away just at the moment, I'm booked out for the next 3 weekends as well.

Tony we will have to do something again soon.

I am sure Craig is itching to do something.

Craig you still got my number ?

Text me can you and we will line something up.

Broke the last phone and almost broke this phone last night.

Maybe we should do a night run through a light forest - nothing complex, nothing difficult, nothing dangerous. We'd end up annoying campers in Chichester and Watagans forests. We could do Yengo again but I think at night it would be be a little dangerous, particularly on some of the rocky climbs and descents.

We could do Watagans, invite the guys from Sydney, meet 'em at Martinsville (Mandalong Rd turnoff from the freeway) and head through Old Onley the Basin and back out again.

Next week ends with Easter, and I am unavailable for then. We'll work something out, I guess.

Latest posts

Back