2 stage brake pedal .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never noticed this with mine, approaching 47,000km on it now and the only time the brake has actually felt unusual is when the ABS is active.

Were your brakes hot at the time, like you'd done some extensively long braking down a hill like Mt Ousley or Bulli Pass? Did you feel the ABS going off (like a massive vibration in the brake pedal) ?

Another recall for the D40's.

Brake problems, you would think the shit brake disks would be enough for a recall.

Dave.

You just remember that next time there is a D40 in your mirror and a stop sign ahead Davey Boy

I reckon every one when they get a chance should follow Dave in their D40's, he will be so on edge he wont go over 15kph

The ABS and brakes on my D22 are better than on my D40.....When stood on the D40 shuddered like all hell was breaking loose down there.....

Yet I've never had a problem with brakes in 18 months, damn I was lucky I got the only D40 with brakes.

My rotors were replaced with after-market ones at my 40K service (just before going to Uluru) and Bendix 4WD pads installed. No brake dust, no qualms about stopping. Perhaps I should have mentioned this as well, but on genuine parts I had no problems braking at all. It was smooth stopping no matter how hard I pressed the brake pedal right up to the point of locking the wheels up, then the ABS took control (as you would expect).

Thank gawd there is others who have working brakes in D40's with all the posts about how bad they are (thanks Dave :big_smile: ) I was beginning to think all the D40's on the road were driving around with no brakes and we were all going to have one massive pile up.

I think we have to remember how these forums work. If a person has no problem, they don't post. If they have a problem, they post. In response to the problem, a proportion of those that have had good experiences will respond stating so, but many won't.

But you knew that, Krafty. And Dave knows it too. Let's just make sure we ALL remember it so that we don't get too scared about our own cars thinking there's some widespread problem with them when in reality, it's a small group focussing on a small number of events.

Silicone Lube works bloody wonders, doesn't it?

But Dave is picking on us D40 drivers (500 recalls he claims D40's have had on the UK site) and I want to kick him in the googlies, instead of getting scared can't we start a war with Dave and see how long he lasts?

Its beautiful stuff as i said been using it for years with bikes , guns and bows even on the boat . With the D40 problems and i got caught up in this myself we have to remember that there isnt a car out there or 4by that dosnt have some issues . We just have to live with our particular ones . I nearly sold my navara after i found out about all that head drama but im glad that i kept it its a good truck . Ive had hiluxes , patrols , landcruises , and a prado and they have all had some issues .

Nah D22's don't have issues they are beasts, no recalls, no breakages, just the toughest trucks on the planet and they shit all over D40's for toughness...I know I read forums :ha:

I think we have to remember how these forums work. If a person has no problem, they don't post. If they have a problem, they post. In response to the problem, a proportion of those that have had good experiences will respond stating so, but many won't.

But you knew that, Krafty. And Dave knows it too. Let's just make sure we ALL remember it so that we don't get too scared about our own cars thinking there's some widespread problem with them when in reality, it's a small group focussing on a small number of events.

Silicone Lube works bloody wonders, doesn't it?

I reckon this post should but pasted to the home page of every forum on the web.:thank_you2:

Back