Steering wheel is gone....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanguard

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i've been waiting for my 10K service all week and have been thinking of all the possible excuses Nissan is going to give me for not changing the steering wheel that is wearing through in my almost new ST-X. It's only done 10K! Isn't it supposed to be leather?

Yeah but I got mine replaced because the plastic was peeling which is a known problem in the 09's. Really they should have just done the plastic but who am I to argue.

My guess is they will try to tell you it's wear and tear because it's not a "known" problem but you should be able to plead your case. No matter what it's made of it shouldn't wear but diesel, petrol, all number of other chemicals or the like that we could get on our hands daily can effect the wheel and therefore they can get away with the wear and tear line.

I know this has the potential to spark plenty of people saying their wheels are fine and they have dirty hands but unfortunately that is the way things work, some things fail others don't under the same conditions. If I was you I'd gently push the dealer to do something and if you don't get the response you want try another dealer because one of them is bound to play it nicely. The wheel is worth $1299 RRP they reckon but it's not like that's the cost to them so you are bound to find one dealer willing to be nice. If you get no success bring it down here my dealer will replace it (in 8 weeks) no matter what is wrong with it, just don't expect him to do a service properly.

Thanks guys. Took it in this morning. They said that they will have a look at it and let me know. I'll post what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky :).

Latest posts

Back