Son of Trials. 27-28th of Feb. Wombeyan Caves.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Event Title: Son of Trials

Event Date: 27 February 2010 ends 28-February 10 (Ranged Event)

The Son of Trials is a competition which is part Funkhana, part Nissan Trials, but mostly Funkhana! We use some of the tracks from the original Nissan Trials but not the bits that are likely to cause you any grief.

The idea is to challenge and test your driving skills. There is a point score system where a "mean time" is set for each of the 8 events. You get 1 point for each second that your time is above or below the "target" time, as well as points for stopping, reversing where not allowed, going off the track and so on. The lowest total score over the 8 events is the winner - simple!

The Son of Trials is held at River Island Nature Retreat on the Wombeyan Caves Road via Mittagong.

This is actually the place where the Nissan Trials were originally run before they moved to SORRA in 1996. River Island provides a magnificent bush camping setting and terrain suitable for this kind of event.

Carefully driven 2WD vehicles can access the campsite, as can off-road camper trailers. Towing a caravan there can be risky as the access track is very steep, winding and rocky in parts.

Read More at http://www.nissanpat...n_of_trials.php

I went there a few years ago.

I had a great time, the 2wd into the place is pretty much lol. I wouldn't try it.

Anyone up for doing this for the flood run ?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I think I have been down to where this is held before. Do you go down a steep driveway after you wind down that steep road and then follow the river for a little bit? If so I might make an appearance, watch you blokes and learn a few things while I'm there.

I also went a couple of years ago and was a great weekend away. Even though it was hailing when we got there and continued to rain for most of it.. Upside was it made the driving better :).. Unfortunately I am heading to soundwave music festival that weekend but will be heading to tuff trucks and will keep an eye out for you guys.. P.s I got my 2inch lovells lift kit installed today but will start a thread on my nav soon.. Cheers:rock:

Its a maybe for me, I dont think I have anything on that weekend but March is now booked out. Sigh.

I need a holiday.

Come down to Victoria Dave and I'll show you how to get your ute dirty! Obviously the VNOG boys are experts in getting things dirty but I can show you how to do it without breaking things :big_smile:

Well don't make it during calving or while I'm away or you'll have to throw mud on your own ute.

Latest posts

Back