F@#KING storms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottybobcat

2014 muster sponsor
Reaction score
Well Kim my wife and I were neally killed this morning at 4am when a big F#@KING tree came crashing through our house.If it hadn't of been for the garage I built 5 months ago we wouldn't be here.The tree hit the laminated beam over the roller door and neally dropped it off the triple plate.If this had have happened the tree would have ended up next our bed bringing the roof down on top of us.It has damaged a 3rd of the roof ad internal damage aswell as the roof on the rear deck.Very lucky.
various14jan2011056.jpg

various14jan2011057.jpg

various14jan2011058.jpg

various14jan2011059.jpg

Jeezuz mate, lucky escape.

We ended up cutting down the gums around our house a few years ago, bloody shallow rooted bastards can blow over anytime. Lovely trees, but we make do with them away from the house now.

Good to see your garage saved the house and you guys more importantly from too much harm.

Farkn very very lucky you guys, amazing didnt go through, thats one heavy trunk...

buy a tatts ticket now.

:cheers!:

Not good mate, but great news that you're both fine (and the Nav), the rest can be replaced. It seems there is no end to the disruption & distruction from mother (f@#ker) nature to start 2011. hope your insurance co comes to the party.

Bloody hell, what a mofo of a tree. Thank your lucky stars. Glad all are okay, houses (and Navaras, even V8 ones) can be repaired.

Bummer Scotty, credit goes to the builder and designer though.

Must be the season for Building Toms I've got two holding my garage roof up until the insurance company get back to me

Shit Scotty! That wind was faaarked last nite, I kept gettin up to check our place but all fine. Let us know if ya need a hand gettin rid of the tree, I'm around this weekend.

Crikey, good to hear the family is alright Scotty (family includes that weapon of a nav of yours).

I'm working at a bottle shop in Berwick tomorrow afternoon if you need some cold ones after cleaning that bloody tree up haha.

All the best with the insurance company.