BOOGZY"S 04 D22 STR Build up from stock to.......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOGZ STR

Reaction score
Hi guys, i do alot of browsing and love how much information can be found on here. Plus the help you get and the members a fantastic.

Anyway I'm going to finally start logging my progress on my nav from go to whoa.

Picked her up on the 1st of September 2010 already had some nice bits on it and didn't take me long to realize that it needed more!

Photo from the dealer

Resized640x480_D2610100549753_A.jpg

will post more photo's when I'm on my home computer.

List of mods already done
Full 2" Ome lift with H/D torsion bars
Custom roof rack for camping

List of mods to come

egr mod - thanks dave and matt for the blocking plate!!
80 series airbox mod
2" body lift - in talks with an engineer, zordo i will be getting in contact with you soon
Arb front and rear bar
Winch
Arb Sprint canopy
Top mount intercooler
Turbo upgrade
Turbo timer
Dual Batteries
Aircompressor
Sliders and new underbody guards

Got an email back from one of the engineers on the VASS list, he came back with some quite good info. Thought i would share

Hi Clint,

I have to assess the vehicle for all of the modifications involved. If the total lift (Suspension, tyres, and body lift ) is under 50mm total, I have one set of rules to follow which are relatively easy (estimated cost $660), if it is 50 to 150mm another more comprehensive set of rules are to be followed (and more expensive to test and certify- estimated cost $2500). Above 150mm is not allowed.

If tyre diameter is increased a comprehensive brake test required, adding a further $300 to the exercise, speedo accuracy etc. Brakes may require to upgraded, speedo corrected etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I already have a 2" lift so there is 50mm gone, add the extra 2" body lift and 33 tyres i want to put on and I'm at 150mm in total.

decisions decisions

Hmmmm. Interesting reply from the engineer. From that it implies that any adjustment to the ride height that deviates from standard requires testing (?)

And another thing if you could , can you please take a picture of the OME rear leaves and post them up. Interested to see from side and rear to view the curvature, shackle angel and the splay of the leaves. Are they HD or Medium leaves?
From my experience they are nothing more than expensive scrap metal...but that's my opinion and I am interested to see what others experiences are.

Would you be able to put a pick up of your custom roof rack because im looking at making one myself and just wanting ideas

No probs doing the egr mod tonight will take a few snaps. The leaves are medium duty as i don't see myself carting big loads at all.

I went the OME gear as the mob i work for supply's ARB with the felt blankets they use to cover the bull bars in transit and when the guy i work alongside sorted them out he got himself some nice discounts, so i payed alot less than walking in off the street

The roof rack was for a one off use may put it on the market just needs a few little holes welded up and another coat of paint. Needed to serve a purpose for camping and it has done that. Now resides on top of a container at work

Last edited:
Im doing my EGR mod tonight aswell. must be that time where everyone is doing there EGR again hahaha.

haha yeahn Dave i miss it being that clean. Needs a big clean and a polish on the passenger side, got some nice scratches from my last outing to wombat. Also got to drop the sump guard as there is still some nice dry mud in there

I have the medium leaves in mine and they were bad from day 1 but have now completely inverted as of 20k kms.
Have a tub and canopy only and don't tow. Keep your receipt!

Might book mine into a detailer soon.

Anyways Ill stop hijacking this thread.

Look forward to the updates.

Might book mine into a detailer soon.
Do it your self ya lazy P#$k
:sarcastic:
Mine is still new inside - and smells it from cleaning it rigorously after a weekend.
Outside has pinstripes and water spots in the paint. Use Wash and Wax but save the polishing and scratch removal until you are going to sell it, they will only be back the next week anyway. Everytime you cut and polish you make the paint a bit thinner.
I read up on a detailers forum some time ago and noticed that the best results they got were from uncared for vehicles as opposed to the anally retentive because they had not buffed, swirled or burnt the paint. Wash it but dont go overboard.

Fine Ill do it myself, but for $80 at the local shopping centre they do a good clean.

Dave.

I have the medium leaves in mine and they were bad from day 1 but have now completely inverted as of 20k kms.
Have a tub and canopy only and don't tow. Keep your receipt!

Yep - I had the OME mediums, because ARB dealer told me I shouldn't have the HD because I don't have constant load. I ditched them after 12 months for some HD EFS. The OME sagged and levelled out, and when loaded with gear the arse end sank.

I hope you have better luck Boogzy.

And yeah.................the days when my silver D22 was that clean are long gone. Scratches add character!!! Rig sounds good mate. Where are you?

Last edited:
Yep - I had the OME mediums, because ARB dealer told me I shouldn't have the HD because I don't have constant load. I ditched them after 12 months for some HD EFS. The OME sagged and levelled out, and when loaded with gear the arse end sank.

I hope you have better luck Boogzy.

And yeah.................the days when my silver D22 was that clean are long gone. Scratches add character!!! Rig sounds good mate. Where are you?

I'm in Mill Park mate, yourself

Before my lift was installed, my first outing

IMG_0156.jpg

Near the end of the same outing

IMG_0163.jpg

Good Saturday spent at work getting paid to do my roof rack

IMG_0190.jpg

Little bid of a play in the mud while camping in November

IMG_0199.jpg

Given that the cab and the tub are independently mounted did you have troubles or anything noticeable from from the rack moving between them? Did you rubber mount the rear support?
Personally I wouldn't solid mount a rack between the tub and the cab because of the fact they are independently mounted to the chassis.

I'm in Mill Park mate, yourself

Trafalgar East - Gippsland.

Keep an eye on the State Section - Melbourne/Vic threads - including the VNOG trips.

Meet up at Jells Park on 30 January - great chance to meet some Victorian Nav owners.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back