ironman 4x4 canopies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
considering an ironman 4x4 canopy
are they any good
is plastic better than glass ??
thanks

Personally I didn't like Ironman canopies. I don't subscribe to the common theory of "Ironman suck and their gear is cheap imported shit" but when I was looking I found their canopies were not really competitively priced when you want anything other than standard and that their customer service from the Melbourne factory was woeful.

For guys that supposedly spend all day working on 4WD's their knowledge at times to me seemed like your local Autobahn store, they seemed reluctant to want to sell me a canopy with lift up windows and they wouldn't guarantee a delivery time. In the end I'm sure their canopies came out with in dollars of the other brands like Flexiglass and ARB, of which I ignored too.

As far as glass or plastic, I'd prefer glass but that not for any security or safety reason it's just what I prefer.

Personally I didn't like Ironman canopies. I don't subscribe to the common theory of "Ironman suck and their gear is cheap imported shit" but when I was looking I found their canopies were not really competitively priced when you want anything other than standard and that their customer service from the Melbourne factory was woeful.

For guys that supposedly spend all day working on 4WD's their knowledge at times to me seemed like your local Autobahn store, they seemed reluctant to want to sell me a canopy with lift up windows and they wouldn't guarantee a delivery time. In the end I'm sure their canopies came out with in dollars of the other brands like Flexiglass and ARB, of which I ignored too.As far as glass or plastic, I'd prefer glass but that not for any security or safety reason it's just what I prefer.
May I ask why you ignored the Flexiglass canopies?
When I purchased mine I found them to be about 1/2 the price of other canopies and the sales staff and installers were great to deal with.
Maybe I just got lucky???
Bill

Because for the last how many ever years I've been around utes I've never seen a Flexiglass canopy that fits the standard I believe their cost should reflect.

My main issue with most canopies though is side access, I use side access on a daily basis and I wanted as much usable space as possible and the likes of Flexiglass and ARB just didn't cut it without going to high roof models which I didn't want.

I also prefer glass, as over time you will find that the plastic will deteriorate, craze and lose it's transparent quality as well as become brittle.
Even if the plastic is 'UV stable' you will still notice some deterioration.

I guess thats something I've always thought, ABS plastic is better than fibreglass for longevity. But I would say fibreglass technology has improved over the years, and would now be equal to, or better than ABS?

so which canopy did you choose krafty?
i plan on adding roof racks later on and was looking at ironman cause they have supports for racks built in whereas others need to be purchased seperatly

I went with the Workstyle form Avenger, it appears to be the same as Caddy Canopies which appear on RACV (and the like) vehicles quite often. I'm guessing they came from the same factory but I'm not 100% sure but I do know the Avenger in Melbourne treated me a lot better than Caddy out the otherside of town did. Caddy were downright rude but despite problems at Avenger Jess was quite helpful.

Because for the last how many ever years I've been around utes I've never seen a Flexiglass canopy that fits the standard I believe their cost should reflect.

My main issue with most canopies though is side access, I use side access on a daily basis and I wanted as much usable space as possible and the likes of Flexiglass and ARB just didn't cut it without going to high roof models which I didn't want.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question...
Bill

Yeah when in 09 when I brought mine those one Dave pointed out were dearer than mine and mine came in just shy of the $3K mark. Email Jess from the website (or PM him here he might still check this forum) and I'm sure he will give you a price.

Latest posts

Back