Pedders Trakryder lift kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellsyD22

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the pedders lift kit? i got quoted $1750 installed for 2" lift with new torsion bars and rear leafs are reset and extra leaf added. I like the fact they have a 2 year 40000k australia wide warranty. Another option is efs tb's and leafs with bilstein shocks for $2180 installed. any thoughts will be much appreciated.

:cheers!:

You know, I've never really thought about Peddars for 4wd kits, even though they have been around for donkeys years.

Last time I used them was 15 years ago on my HX Premier, nice kit put on that. I've looked on their site to research their 4x4 kits, they sound pretty good, but if someone has used them it would be good to know, definatley.

My mates a mechanic and he said pedders lift kits are shit, sorry for the language. They dont last that long. He said it would be better just spending a tiny bit more and getting something that wpuld last. He suggested toughdog which i use and is brillant. Rancho, lovells, blisten etc.

My experience with Pedders shocks has been poor. One actually broke completely off at the lower mounting on a road car driven only by a sensible lady.

Certainly better shocks around. For me the extra cost to go to Bilsteins is wise.

Regards

Greg

awesome to know before spending my hard earned thats for sure. thanks for your help and i was leaning towards tough dog or efs with bilsteins. thanks all for your help

My Nav runs Tough Dog torsion bars, Lovell leafs and Bilstien shocks.

Handles awesome.

Dave.

Pedders Trakryder Foam cell shocks are actually quite good but you can only get them for the rear. I'm running their sports ryders in the front of my D22 and I'm quite happy. Adding the Extra leaf will make the suspension a lot harder good if you have weight in the back but for when the ute is empty expect a harsh ride

Pedders are alright for Bommodores and Fullcons, but I wouldn't use their springs or shocks on a 4WD. I think there is better for similar money.

I have used their urethane bushes which seemed OK.

now i cant afford the lovells leaf springs lol 900 odd for the pair... thinking tough dog with bilsteins for bit over 2k, or tjm for $1750.. thanks for everyones valuable input

We got heavy duty raised rear pedders leaf springs put on the well worn 99 gu patrol ute close on 3 years ago. That ute carries cows, bulls in the crate, 2 large hay bales and whatever else we can overload it with and it,s still sitting high in the back. So considering what people are saying about arb sagging they might be worth a look

Latest posts

Back