Adjustable upper control arms?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakno

Reaction score
My first post here, the forum looks good.

I have a Navara D40 2006 with 2.5" liftblocks at front and 1.5" lift in the rear. It works fine, no scrubbing with 33" tyres on 16" Nissan rims.

The wheel alingement at the front is not so good, I have wear on the outside of the tyres. Tried to adjust the camber with a the lower control arms but they where stuck (rust). Will adjust the lower control arms solve my problem? I´m not shure it will fix the problem entierly, so i´m looking for affordable adjustable upper control arms.

How have you solved this problem? When standing in front of the vehicle I can see that the camber is positive. \ /

/hakno
Sweden

Last edited:
Search for PRG UCA. Aussie Frontier has adjustable arms installed on his to fix the camber issues.

Thanks for your reply, I checked them out but I dont like to have unprotected balljoints in my suspension. I think they will wear out quicker than a oem looking control arm with polyuterhane bushings.

Found this Calmini one, I like how it looks but a bit expensive:
D40 Upper Arms

Does anyone know where I can find the camber adjustment bolts and new bushings for my lower conreol arm, except Nissan dealer?

/hakno

Last edited:
Search for PRG UCA. Aussie Frontier has adjustable arms installed on his to fix the camber issues.

Thanks for your reply.

I checked them out but I don´t like the fact that they have what seems to be unprotected ball joints. How long do they last on a daily driver?

Started searching and found the Calmini upper control arm. Polyurethane bushings but not adjustable, made for use togheter with suspension lift. A bit expensive, but maybe thats my only option?

/hakno

Hi Hakno
I installed the PRG UCA same as have many guys in the US.PRG UCA are the only arms on the market that are adjustable. The heim joints supplied will last about 2 years with no covers and no maintenance. I have installed boots on mine as per the engineers reuest. I have been told that newer heim joints built for speedway cars are virtually bullet proof and will last even longer.Dust covers from Sealsit in the US will protect them so they should last even longer.Average price of Heim Joints is about $20 so not expensive at all.
The Uniball that is used instead of a ball joint is the same type deal as in its also a teflon lined spherical bearing. Costs about $20 per side to replace and its an easy job.
Guys in the US are getting maybe 50,000 miles in harsh conditions before replacing heim joints etc.
Mine is only a daily driver and I will be replacing all joints every 2 years as a maintenance deal.
Your other options are
-weld in a camber adjustment into your chassis for your lower control arms
-install non adjustable offset bushes in you lower control arms
-install taller ball joints in the lower control arm.

I currently have 50mm (2") of lift in the front with the camber at 0.03 degrees posative.

Have a look on ClubFrontier.org for more info on the PRG gear.I can personally highly recommend it as top quality and fantasic after sales service.

Latest posts

Back