power points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickbender

Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking at putting 12v power points in the tub of my nav on the back wall behind the cab have any of you have ideas on the best way to do this also photos would help.

Thanks Paul

Have searched forum nil found

Last edited:
Hey Paul,

You could get some weatherproof 12V outlets from Jaycar and mount them in a panel that you fix to the side. Use 6 sq mm cabling to bring the battery power down to the tub. Make sure you put a fuse right near the battery and consider an isolator (a simple switch would work for this purpose) as well, so you can turn it off if you need to.

i use this one 'Hella type socket 20 amp rated' from Plugs & Sockets

i put it up nice and high so it is safe from getting knocked around, I prefer the hella type over the cig socket as they clip in tight and stay in. I'd grab one of thier cig to hella adapters while your there to keep in the glovebox.

Last edited:
Thanks ALL
I am going to use low voltage power points (2 pin) as all my leads have this kind of plug
I am looking to find the best way to run the wires to the tub was looking at fixing power points to some ally then hold them in place with my tie down bolts.

If the D22 tubs are similar to the D40, you'll find there's a channel that comes up from in front of the rear wheel arch and goes up and over a metal sheet and into the tub. Get some glazing rubber from somewhere - about 100mm long is enough - and fix it to the top of this sheet. It's fiddly, but must be done to protect the wire.

The spot at the front of the tub like Old Tony said is good and there is a similar spot behind the tail lights where you can get cable between the pannels but you need to protect the wiring. I run it in split corrigated tube.

Latest posts

Back