VNOG: Who's who in the zoo?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Simple.
If you are active on the forum, live in Victoria and own a Navara, have in the past ( thats for you Jase ) or have been to any VNOG events and would like to tell us a little about yourself and your vehicle or point towards a link of your garage then this is it.

Looking for basic information on your real name, modifications to your vehicle, a picture of yourself ( give us your best "Blue Steel" Woody ) your vehicle and location. Include the family as well...I made a point at the last trip of getting Heata and his boys, Dave and his tribe :rock: and Perre and his brothers to make special mention of them being involved too
I have plenty of pictures of the group but I don't want to put them on the blog without your consent and so the best way is for those that want to offer up information to do so here. This will become a compilation and rolling "members list"
So post away but lets keep it tidy with one post per active person with what you want published.

Looking for basic information on your real name, modifications to your vehicle, a picture of yourself ( give us your best "Blue Steel" Woody ) your vehicle and location. Include the family as well..
So post away but lets keep it tidy with one post per active person with what you want published.

i know you said vnog and that doesn't include me sadly, but this is sending warning bells off for me. being a public forum sharing this info is a little risky. feel free to disagree if you like, and Aido if you want me to delete this i will, don't want to upset the apple cart. but having worked for SAPOL in the past i get nervous of posting this information in a public forum. you should use the PM option to share personal details if you must.

just a thought.

i know you said vnog and that doesn't include me sadly, but this is sending warning bells off for me. being a public forum sharing this info is a little risky. feel free to disagree if you like, and Aido if you want me to delete this i will, don't want to upset the apple cart. but having worked for SAPOL in the past i get nervous of posting this information in a public forum. you should use the PM option to share personal details if you must.

just a thought.

Will I agree
and that is why I have thrown it open to those here. I am not asking for anything more than what has already been done in the "Garage" area. It is optional as to how much information is provided.
This is why I have not just blatantly put up pictures and names that I already have with out consent or links to garages of those that I know are active.
By name I don't want your full name. In terms of D22Dave then "Dave" would do. I dont want to see David Bartholomew Francis Smithington of 123 Smith st Upper Snobsville. In terms of location then a rough locale would do - Yarra Valley, Bayside, Geelong, Western districts, Wimerra etc etc
Personally I dont care about my number plate being displayed in photographs as it is clearly visible when on the highways of Victoria , my mobile number is available to 100 000 people because it is only a phone and if I happened to tell people that I lived in the Sunbury area I would never tell anyone that I have $60 000 000 in unmarked, embezzled funds hidden inside the large logs in the wood pile and that I leave the log splitter nearby.

Cheers for the input Will and of course internet security is important and everyone should be aware of it.
Based upon this and the suggestions I received from the "VNOG BLOG" then input is invited

Oh and by the way there is definitely $60 000 000 in my wood pile. I will be out all day tomorrow.

Last edited:
Simple. ( give us your best "Blue Steel" Woody )

geeez, the pressure ...

Aido, i'll have to work on getting my best "blue steel" piccy mate - but happy to share the rest of the info.

My real name is DAVID, I live and work in Berwick, and i'm one of the lucky ones in the VNOG crew who actually drive a D40, AND take it off road too. :sarcastic:

Mod's
Ironman 2" constant load lift kit
Ironman front commercial bar with 12,000 pound winch
Ironman rear step tow bar (with custom step)
Brown Davis replacement 144 litre fuel tank
Brown Davis Underbody bash plates
UHF radio (a must for any joint off-road trip)
Rear mountable 12,000 pound Tigerz11 winch (fits into 50mm tow receiver)
Flexiglass smooth High canopy with roof racks
Tigerz11 rooftop tent (same as Ironman one, but heaps cheaper)
Ironman pull out side awning
220 dia HID wide beam driving lights on front bar
220 dia HID pencil beam driving lights up on roof racks
Pair w/proof LED work lights at rear of roof racks
2nd battery in the tub, with waeco 50l fridge and custom h/duty drawer under false floor to keep all my recovery gear and tools out of sight.

Extras:
Have an 4x4 off-road soft floor camper trailer, now with navara hubs and D40 alloy rims
A battery powered spit roast that will come on every VNOG camping trip. :rock:

Wish list:
Rock sliders and brush bars over front wheels. Will probably be the Ironman version.

:cheers!:

Last edited:
Howdy,

The name my parents gave me is Darren.

One Wife - no kids.

I am a regional manager of sorts and provide leadership to 40 staff.

I live in the Trafalgar area of Latrobe Valley - grew up in Bendigo and have lived in various places throughout Victoria - Seymour, Benalla, Horsham, Geelong and Kew.

6 dogs - 4 ridgebacks, one GWP and one border terrier. Check out page 2 of the Dogs thread. (No one is going to search my wood pile!)
http://www.navara.asia/clubhouse/5934-dogs-2.html

Tracking with dogs is my passion - together with the 4WD and camping stuff. If I had a choice in life I would live in the hills and speak to no one except my dogs.

My Navara - check out my garage and my thread - 'Ridgie's ride'. http://www.navara.asia/dto_garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=1553 http://www.navara.asia/members-rides/3444-ridgies-ride.html

I have some plans which include rocksliders that are under development, Redarc dual battery set up, custom drawer behind the puppy bars and Tiger winch.
I carry the usual recovery stuff - straps, shackles, long shovel, hi-lift jack and a few bits and pieces.

The Nav is my third 4WD - previously had a Rocky and a Triton Club cab tray.

Last edited:
my names kyle. i live in the hoppers crossing area west of melb. 23yrs of age and i drive a 2010 d40 st and quite often i take it offroad. im an electrician by trade and am partner in a family business doing electrical work in mechanical plant rooms.

mods:
arb sahara delux bullbar
tigerz11 12,000pd winch
lightforce xgt's
uniden uhf
ironman 2" lift kit
arb rear air locker
maxxis bighorns (265/75-16)

extra info:
i also ride dirt bikes as often as possible. i ride a 99 suzuki rmx250. also worked as a mechanic on a race team (drifting) for 3 years and travelled all over aus to compete in the drift australia series with coming first in 2009 and travelling to long beach california to compete in the red bull world championships and also a trip to japan for a drift festival.

DSC_0022.jpg

8728_189497094368_778154368_3930724_5008951_n.jpg

Last edited:
Will I agree
and that is why I have thrown it open to those here. I am not asking for anything more than what has already been done in the "Garage" area. It is optional as to how much information is provided.
This is why I have not just blatantly put up pictures and names that I already have with out consent or links to garages of those that I know are active.
By name I don't want your full name. In terms of D22Dave then "Dave" would do. I dont want to see David Bartholomew Francis Smithington of 123 Smith st Upper Snobsville. In terms of location then a rough locale would do - Yarra Valley, Bayside, Geelong, Western districts, Wimerra etc etc
Personally I dont care about my number plate being displayed in photographs as it is clearly visible when on the highways of Victoria , my mobile number is available to 100 000 people because it is only a phone and if I happened to tell people that I lived in the Sunbury area I would never tell anyone that I have $60 000 000 in unmarked, embezzled funds hidden inside the large logs in the wood pile and that I leave the log splitter nearby.

Cheers for the input Will and of course internet security is important and everyone should be aware of it.
Based upon this and the suggestions I received from the "VNOG BLOG" then input is invited

Oh and by the way there is definitely $60 000 000 in my wood pile. I will be out all day tomorrow.

David Bartholomew Francis Smithington of 123 Smith st Upper Snobsville.

Thanks Aido why did you give everyone my address.lol

I'm Aido.
Real name Adrian. Age for the first 20 years, Aido since.
I have an 09 Saphire blue D22 09 Thai built. I love it and I hate it.
Mods are;
Nissan steel bar
x9 Superwinch 9500lb winch
Cheap as Nite Stalker 170 lights
EGR mod
Nissan Genuine snorkel
OME Nitrocharger Shocks
EFS Torsion Bars
Cheap Explorer X seat covers from autobarns :rock:
Recovery gear
Absolute rubbish OME Dakar rear leaves :suicide2:
ARB Canopy with sliding windows, window mesh and vent for the hounds
Hayman Reese towbar
Lots of scrub scratches and a few dings. Not that I'm careless....just that it gets around the bush most weekends.

I'm in Sunbury and am happy to assist anyone that asks. I have some mechanical ability and a few tools that will assist with modifications or repairs.
I always have an opinion. I'm not always right but I have never been wrong

IMGP5095.jpg

Aug2010162LargeWebview.jpg

Latest posts

Back