D40 FRONT Air Locker

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanguard

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was just talking to a bloke today about the possibility of making the front air locker for the D40 but he said the price would be around $3k because it will have to be made from scratch. Now, he was under the impression that I was the only one that wanted one. I can investigate further to see if he will drop the price for a bulk order. Who would be interested?

i would definatly be interested in this as i already have a rear locker and i think the addition of a front locker would make a massive difference considering the lack of flex you can get out of ifs suspension. 3k does sound quite abit so it really all depends on how much it would cost.

Who is he? I didn't realize people other than the mass producers (arb/tim) can make them. I got an arb rear locker in mine but couldnt find a locker of any sort for the front.

Who is he? I didn't realize people other than the mass producers (arb/tim) can make them. I got an arb rear locker in mine but couldnt find a locker of any sort for the front.

He runs one of the ARB stores. He seems to know what he is doing. Judging by the amount of business he gets there. Everyone always wants to talk to him :). When I was complaining about the lack of the front locker, he said that they have already done one and apparently "when there is a will, there is a way".

I am hoping to be able to get the 3k down to 1500 like rear air locker or at max 2k. Maybe I am just being overzealous, but it is definitely worth a try. I believe.

well if you can get it for under 2k then im keen but probs wont have the cash for a couple of months thats all

ARB don't make them because the carrier/housing is too weak. It would be very risky handing over money until one was built and tested.

There maybe a front air locker soon. I asked ARB online and Lee Darcy from ARB sent the following reply

Thank you for your email. In regards to your inquiry for the ARB air lockers to suit your Nissan Navara D40, 06 model Spanish built, unfortunately the front locker is still in the production stage at this point in time and maybe a few months away from a release date. Below will be the part numbers and pricing for the rear locker for you to have a look at and if you have any other questions please feel free to contact myself or your local ARB stockist.

RD149 - rear locker suit D40, 32 spline, spain - $1219.00 + $540.00 fitting

CKMA12 - ARB compressor run lockers - $290.00 + $180.00 fitting

171302 - pump up kit suit CKMA12 - $55.00

Hehehe and they told me that 3 years ago, then they told me that it was dropped because of strength issues.

But you have a canopy? Why not get a wagon?

Because I carry wet dogs, Landscaping fertlisers and other stinky stuff. I had a Patrol years ago and it is too hard to clean out. With a ute all I have to do is park the nose up hill and hose it out. It would be a lot easier if ARB are saying that the diff housing is too weak to put a stronger diff in than to chop a patrol. The Ute is generally brialliant, but IF the diff is too weak to support a diff lock then a total upgrade of the diff makes more sense.

Last edited:
Because I carry wet dogs, Landscaping fertlisers and other stinky stuff. I had a Patrol years ago and it is too hard to clean out. With a ute all I have to do is park the nose up hill and hose it out. It would be a lot easier if ARB are saying that the diff housing is too weak to put a stronger diff in than to chop a patrol. The Ute is generally brialliant, but IF the diff is too weak to support a diff lock then a total upgrade of the diff makes more sense.

Yep, fair enough.

There is a thread on here somewhere about doing a Solid axle swap on a D40.

I considered it and found a Jeep Dana looks like a possibility but you would have to do the rear too to match diff ratios.

Doing everything yourself I reckon it would cost around 10-12k. I think the company that does Hilux's charges 20K

Latest posts

Back