Canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titanium man

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just wondering if you could (if you have time) let me know what you think of the canopy you have had fitted to your Navara?

What are the good features?
What don’t you like?
What would you have done different?
Now you have had a look at others, would you change brand next time?

Nissan want over 5K for an original to be fitted.
Carryboy want $3560 fitted
Flexisport $ 3060 fitted
Avenger $2645 plus fitting plus freight.

If you could attach a photo of yours, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bloody hell Nissan prices have gone up, last I heard they were $3500 which is still too much.

There is already a few threads about D40 canopys and what people, have, would like, do like and hate it's probably worth reading all those threads before starting another thread

You'll even find pics in some of them.

I got the high roof flexiglass canopy with the tradesman lift up side windows as it had the best access to the cargo space out of anything on the market. The tradesman side windows go all the way down to the edge of the tray making them much larger then the lift up windows on other brands. I think I would have got frustrated with other canopies having to pack and unpack through the back as my fridge is permantly mounted at the back of the tub when camping and the larger side windows mean I can load and unload from the sides.

Cheers

ARSEB Canopy supplied and fitted when new at the stealership in smooth finish and color matched ( paint is better than Nissan factory ) with sliding windows $2200 inc gst. Is good for holding the dogs in but still fitted flyscreens to keep their noses in and a vent to the roof to force fresh air in instead of diesel fumes sucked back in for an extra $120 after delivery.
Would go for Lift up side windows in future as the sliding windows on the ARB canopy can only be unlocked from inside and you need a bloody long reach when standing at the tailgate or need to climb in to open them all the way. Everything goes in and out via the rear ( insert schoolboy humour here )
In hindsight I would have got a tray and pissed off the tub all together.

In hindsight I would have got a tray and pissed off the tub all together.

Me too....probably even just cab/chassis and then have a back fabricated for me that had fully opening side doors and no access through the rear.....then maybe I'd keep all the bloody dust out.

Last edited:
Apart from the aerodynamics on the side they are pretty much the same construction as the workstyle from Avenger. Frameless glass with the "unique" locking system, similar shape, however I'm fairly sure the Avenger has wider side windows because the back section where these ones have the fancy plastic is not as wide.

The workstyle doesn't come with roof bars and with a 55kg load limit I wouldn't want to have them, I'd rather get them done properly and get atleast 100kg. The workstyle also doesn't have a heated rear window but 5 minutes in steamy conditions and you'll realise how useless clearing the rear window is if the front window can't be cleared. And the rear spoiler does nothing other than hold the brake light, it's useless for keeping crap off the back window.

If I was looking for another canopy I'd consider one of these but I'd price it against the Avenger on the grounds that they are both so similar and neither are the same as others on the market.

Be interesting to know how they compare to the Avenger because for the price and the trouble they went to to get my canopy to my door Avenger are definitely worth dealing with.

ARB, lift up side windows (very handy getting camping gear in and out), color matched, smooth finish. $2600 fitted. Very happy, looks great, works well.

Flexiglass Challenge hi-top with lift up side windows & colour matched to car. Got the hi-top to allow fridge to sit on top of drawer system and open while inside. Makes it awkward to put things on roof bars as they are not as high as the rear of the canopy. Apart from that, am very happy with it. :big_smile:

Just had Richard from Alphaline out in his Navara to show off the canopy. Looks Brilliant !
Just ordered one (no black in stock) will arrive in 10 days. Cost $3500 Fitted

Was just talking to Matthew from Carryboy and they are going to relaease a keyless entry kit for there canopy's soon aswell.

So when I get the answers I want Ill pick one up.

$3500, I reckon I'd still go for the Avenger, basically the same, few less fancy bits and if you pick it up it's about $800 less, but glad you're happy.

Dave keyless entry on a canopy would shit me to tears, hands free opening would be good but I can't see that happening anytime soon unless canopy prices skyrocket.

keyless entry would be awesome....to lock/unlock with the remote for the doors ....easy street. its eaasy to just press the fob button through my shorts to unlock car but to get the key out and unlock canopy while i've got my hands full of tools is a pain.

Back