Decisions decisions: spotties?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_215

Reaction score
Hey guys thinking of getting a set of sPotties. But not sure what ones. Any help wod be great. Anyone used the narva hids? Cheers ray

HID spotties have the advantage of using less power to produce more light, so they'd be a good choice.

I'm not sure how Narva lights stand up to being submerged. The IPFs (and one other brand I can't remember) don't mind, as they seal up nicely, but I've heard that Hella, Lightforce and others don't perform so well - after a dunking, they sometimes have water inside the housing. Anything with a plastic casing at the rear might be worth leaving on the shelf - plastic has a tendency to change over time.

Lower power draw and better light. Plus the globes are pretty much shock proof.

I would change that to lower power and "different light" not necessarily better light because for all purposes they aren't better, they are also quite expensive compared to others.

I did a fair bit of research before I purchased mine and settled on Lightforce Gensis (ebay) and then I put 70w HIDs (5000k) in them (internally balasted) courtesy of Thumpa lighting (can be found on the patrol forums). The amount of light they put out is unbelivable if i had to do it again i wouldn't change a thing.

Ive got a set of IPF 900XS spotties, one spot and one spread, great lights i only got them about a couple months ago but i decided i didnt like the look of the nudge bar so i pulled that off and ig ot nowhere else to mount the lights now, so if u decide on the IPFs ive got a set that are like brand new. They cost me $550 fitted with the clear covers. Chasing $330 for them. See how ya go

Last edited:
I did a fair bit of research before I purchased mine and settled on Lightforce Gensis (ebay) and then I put 70w HIDs (5000k) in them (internally balasted) courtesy of Thumpa lighting (can be found on the patrol forums). The amount of light they put out is unbelivable if i had to do it again i wouldn't change a thing.

Hi guys, i have now joined this forum, as im set to be a D40 owner very soon!

Come see me if you need lights, doing a deal this months on LF Genesis HID as well

Latest posts

Back