Gold panning at blackwood

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d22dave

Reaction score
After driving around the blackwood area yesterday with VNOG, And seeing all the freshly washed/exposed areas around the creeks, A bit of gold panning seems the order of the day. Going to get in quick looking at Sunday 13 th February. We came across a couple of likely sites plenty of room to park and fire up the bbq for lunch. Weather permitting should be a casual laid back kinda day

Yep! I'm in Dave
Get rich quick....I'm all over that. I also enjoy a day in the scrub so sounds good.

Also if you are calling through Ballarat, you can get a hand made one from Sovereign Hill. They will let you in for free for about 20min or so if you tell them at the ticket booth that you want to buy some stuff from the shops.

Give this a nudge.
Reading between the lines Miner's Rights FAQs - Department of Primary Industries you don't necessarily require a Miners right unless you actually find gold. If you do then you would be best be very ssshhhh until you have one.
For those interested in coming along I'll make enquiries at the local Aussie Disposals this week and get some pans ordered in. Details on that later when I know more.
I know that there at least 2 blokes in our realm that have detectors and they could come in bloody handy..
So post up if your interested in having a crack.

I think my metal detector is a antique now, My grandparents got it to use over in wa on a holiday in the early 80,s

Gotta check the weekend roster, but sounds cool so I'll be in touch, imagine if ya don't go and then you guys pull out a massive nugget! Imagine all the vnog stickers you could buy!

Started work early today so got out to Mitcham to the Miners den this arvo.
Very helpful and enthusiastic mob. Duncan (?) set me up and showed me the basics and how to's. 1hr later I left the store $100 lighter....
Got
Miners right - $29.90
Pan $25
Sieve $35
Book $12

Could have done without the book but it does explain the basics.
Anyone else could pretty much just get away with just the pan. Happy to pass the sieve around as needed. Besides I figure I might do this from time to time in the future.

Damm,i had the day off today,i could have met you there.

I only went out for a bit of a look see but some bloke walked in with a fist full of nuggets to exchange.......
Couldn't hold back then
One of them was near 5.5 grams......nice

The couple of nuggets i have came from Guildford, A relative found them detecting a few years back 1 gram and 6.5 grams

Just working out creeks to play in. Think i will put bbq in ute, Not hard to light it and keep playing in puddles. Passed what seemed like a nice spot the other week on the vnog run just trying to pick on map the exact spot.

Latest posts

Back