D22 ZD30 changes in gearing?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisL

Reaction score
Gday guys, just wondering if there was a change in the gearing when the D22 navara went from coming out with stock tyre size of 255/70/16 to 265/70/16? The reason i ask is that i have 265/75/16 BFG AT's on my 03 DX at the moment but considering going to a smaller diameter for towing. Ill be towing a jayco dove outback behind it for 12 months and think that the 265/75's are just to big for towing...especially doing a bit of off road towing. So i'll either go to 255/70's (which were stock on mine) or 265/70's (which were stock on later models). I want to keep as much ground clearance as possible without compromising towing ability.

Cheers,

Kris

All the info I have says that all ZD30DDT powered D22's left the factory with 4.375 diff ratio's. The VG30E powered D22's run the same ratio's. YD25DDTI and YD25DDTI CRD run the same ratio.

QD32 and VG33E run 4.636 ratio's.

There are a few other motor's but they dont really relate to Australia.

For towing big weight go with 265/70/16's.

Dave.

yeah i would say 265/70/16's, or just increase ya engine power.
i have a chip and diesel gas conversion and i towed my camper trailer to the cape and back.
and the camper was completely packed and so was the back seat and the tray.
and it was fine, big hill i dropped back to fourth but yeah i do there all time towing.

Latest posts

Back