Bodylift Bolt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav05ST-R

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looking at doing a 35mm body lift on my d22 3lt 2005 str dualcab navara and was wondering if anyone would know the lengths of the bolt i would need.
Thanks Luke

Pull out the bolts youve got measure them and find some 35mm longer.
The 4 rear cab bolts that face upwards into captured nuts are not so easy they are a fine thread that you cant get that length in their diametre and I found it easier to make them.Cut the heads off them, find a similiar diam bolt with a shaft length of at least 35mm cut the head off it (at 35mm ) and weld this section to your original bolt shaft. One weld per bolt.
Nissan sell the bolts at original length if you stuff it up, or buy a set to modify so your car is not off the road while you do it.
Use high tensile grade 8 bolts

I found it easier to make them.Cut the heads off them, find a similiar diam bolt with a shaft length of at least 35mm cut the head off it (at 35mm ) and weld this section to your original bolt shaft. One weld per bolt.
Nissan sell the bolts at original length if you stuff it up, or buy a set to modify so your car is not off the road while you do it.
Use high tensile grade 8 bolts

Weld it, no way. Get some larger 316 stainless bolts machined down to the right diameter and pitch. These will still be weaker than the factory bolts because the threads are cut not rolled, but way stronger than welded bolts, and won't rust where the plating is gone

My welding is better than my lathe work.I used a full pen double vee butt with tig.(Coded welder and boilermaker by trade)Painted with cold galv shell be fine.
If not experienced I would just recommend someone buy the kit that others on here have used from Zordo it sounds the goods and coming with instructions would help heaps

I reckon just buy the 50mm kit from zordo. the bolts are odd sizes and need to be fabricated which will cost a bit and take a stack of time. I think the kit is $380 which isn't bad and it all fits unlike some ebay kits which have the wrong threraded bolts.

There is no way I would have welded body mount bolts on my car.I wouldn't care if it was the best welder in the world.No disrespect intended Charlie but I would beconstantly worried that the body would fall off going up a steep rutted out track.Go to an engineer shop and get them o turn some up.It is most likely that they would have blanks that just need a thread put on them.

My welding is better than my lathe work.I used a full pen double vee butt with tig.(Coded welder and boilermaker by trade)

That's fine, you can rely on your equipment and experience, but the vast majority (myself included) don't have either and shouldn't be trying to MIG or FCAW a high tensile fastener.

thanks for all the replys guys i don't think i will try welding them as i am a carpenter and wouldn't be any good at welding but thanks for the help/idea i was only doing a 35 mm lift cause i am getting a old man emu lift kit and it only raises the car 40mm and i was hoping to to m,ake it a even 3" lift.
Thanks Luke

Latest posts

Back