Fitting genuine nissan roof racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uniden

Reaction score
Mate scored a brand new set of nissan roof racks with his new STR. He isn't going to fit it, so hes gonna handball it to me. Hes gonna pick it up tuesday morning, so we don't yet know what exactly is in the kit / and or how they fit on.

Now from what i've been told, they fit to the rails on the ST-R. But my ST-R (2010) doesn't have any rails at all. Whats the go here ? Are they glued down or riveted or something?

Found out today they are screwed/riveted on since the car doesn't have any provision like rails or channels. I'm not sure about drilling into the roof of a new car. No matter how much silicon you put around the holes. lol

Unfortunatley with the D22s, yep, you have to rivet the tracks, unless you get the Rhino racks with the clamp system.

I am facing this dilemma when we have to get roof racks. After thinking about it, and seeing how one place didn't even put paint over the drilled holes before riveting, (and rust started), I reckon if you do it yourself, take the care to touch up the holes etc, there will be no problem with drilling into the roof.

After touching up the holes, Rhino recommend putting a blob of mastic over the hole before riveting, so no water that makes its way under the tracks can go into the roof. All makes sense, and if you do it yourself with care, should be no probs.

Yep, I think it has to be a neutral cure silicone, or else its baaad on bare metal, (even painted I think).

Just checked, anything branded "neutral cure" is non corrosive, so thats the stuff to get, :cheers!:

Latest posts

Back