Wheels and Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter70

Reaction score
Well after much debate i went the basic option of a sunraysia rim and some Cooper ST 60/40 tyres. The look is growing on me, bit industrial. Centrecaps have been ordered.
Only have bar, winch, side steps, snorkel,trans bash plate,long range tank, chip & exhaust to go. :big_smile:

nav1.jpg

[
nav2.jpg

I dont mind the black on black look those coopers LT series? we had trouble with non LT rocks going straight thru treads

Gotta love the black Sunnies, I have a set waiting for me to pick them up, can't wait. Yours looks mean as.

sorry i meant are they example LT255/70/r16 or are they straight 255/ 70/ r16 tyres
both are ST coopers but the LT tyres are heavier

sorry i meant are they example LT255/70/r16 or are they straight 255/ 70/ r16 tyres
both are ST coopers but the LT tyres are heavier

Unsure mate never realised there were two types. Mine are 245/75/R16. If by LT you mean light truck then yes i believe they are.

Yeah LT is light truck thats good coopers replaced bout 4 tyres in couple of months then gave us light truck tyres no problems since

Unsure mate never realised there were two types. Mine are 245/75/R16. If by LT you mean light truck then yes i believe they are.
I do like the look of black on black but I do have a question.
Why did you put smaller tyres on that standard.
Stock is 255/70/R16 on the ST-X
just curious why you went to a smaller dia tyre

I do like the look of black on black but I do have a question.
Why did you put smaller tyres on that standard.
Stock is 255/70/R16 on the ST-X
just curious why you went to a smaller dia tyre

I actually went up on the diameter and in on the width. I have always found wider tyres tend to track on the road and given that this spends a large part of its life driven by my wife it seemed a smarter choice than going up to 265.

ok does that mean yours was fitted with 235 as stockers?
Mine as an ST-X came factory with 255 and I ditched those before delivery and went to 265. I found its the shape of shoulder of the tyre that makes them track.BFG have a very square edge .

ok does that mean yours was fitted with 235 as stockers?
Mine as an ST-X came factory with 255 and I ditched those before delivery and went to 265. I found its the shape of shoulder of the tyre that makes them track.BFG have a very square edge .

I was informed that with this tyre i would have a diameter increase of 11mm of that above the standard which was 255/70/16

Back