New 2010 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkarlos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm another newbie round here. This is a top forum by the way.
I just recently signed up for a new D22. I haven't picked it up yet cause the dealer is still putting extra stuff on it that I ordered. In the mean time I did some research on the web about this model. As it turns out, I probably shouldn't have because now I am a bit "iffy" about my purchase. I have read a lot of bad stuff about this model, including that this model is made in Thailand. If thats true, its a bit of a concern to me cause I thought they were Jap cars and thats something that the dealer didn't tell me. I know that most people that have a gripe are quick to say stuff about it and the good stuff largely goes unsaid.

I guess I would like to here things about this car if you guys have got one. The good as well as the bad, just to ease my mind. Cause I'm kinda at a loss as to what to think right now.

This is my second 4x4. The first one was a Sierra back in 84 which I bashed to death, took it everywhere and it just kept hanging on and on. It was the best thing on 4 wheels over dunes. Not even the big LC's or Luxes could get where I went when I let down the tyres.

Anyway guys. Have a great day and thanks in advance for your replies.
Karlos

Welcome to the forums Karlos.

Atleast it's not a D40 (well that's what all the D22 guys will say) :big_smile:

Your right though bad news travels further and quicker than good news, but there aren't many people here that dislike their cars, there are a few with problems but no manufacturer is immune from that, lemons exist.

At the end of the day even if there is a few minor gripes just join the D22 chorus and bag out D40's to make yourself feel better, D40 drivers are tough enough to take it on the chin.

I recently bought a Thai built D22 and when I read some of the stuff on here about quality issues I felt a little like you but I have to say a couple of thousand kilometres down the track I'm getting more pleased by the day.

I realize it's early days but I'm very pleased with how it drives, how it tows and the build quality really hasn't been an issue so far :)

When you pick it up ask them if the right diff oil is in it.There have been a few on here that havn't had lsd oil in them and the diffs shit.Check to see if your doors rattle but beond that they are pretty good cars.I can't say to much about the good quality of them as I have an 03 Jap model which was v6.

Welcome to forum Karlos.
I too bought my 2010 d22, and only then began to read some of the bad stories about them. But there is far more good things about the car you will never hear about then there is bad stuff. Bad news travels far, as was said earlier in this thread.
My ones done nearly 3k, and i'm loving it. Apart from having a slight whine somewhere under the bonnet which i'm still not sure about, even though nissan thinks it's normal and nothing unusual.

welcome to the forum BigKarlos
I like you was a bit concerned about the D22 Navara's after reading about some of their issues. I'm happy with mine now that i've made a few mods to it. I was very disappointed in the power when towing but have since fixed that with the help of a power chip. I've found some good advice on this forum so keep reading i know it's helped me.

mine has done 7000 ks (2010 d22) with no issues
dont listen to the d40 brigade,they are a strange breed:boxing:( just join the D22 chorus and bag out D40's to make yourself feel better, D40 drivers are tough enough to take it on the chin.)
so i guess it boils down to what your intended use is
d22's are definately a good blank canvas to work with

Last edited:
My 2010 D22 has done 18,000 now (i got it in october!).

I love it. It looks like a proper 4x4, it drives pretty nice, its comfortable enough on a long drive, it uses very little fuel, and the factory dual batteries make me smile!

About the only thing I didn't like was the factory tyres; they're useless in mud, hard to get replacements for in the outback, and very easy to slice etc.

They're not super torquey down low, but I rather use low range when 4x4ing anyway (more control).

At the end of the day, I really love the car and consider it an absolute bargain!

hey mate i have just picked mine up with all the nissan gear on it , i have 425km on it and plan to drive it up to mt isa from tas, iam very happy with mine so far, i have driven patrols and cruisers for many years and for a little donk these bus,s go well ,and u could by one for spear parts and it would still be cheaper than a base cruiser, just rember it is a diesel 4x4 not a sports car.

I got one last July, 15k on the clock, and very happy with what you get, for the price. I would say do the EGR mod straight away. Good luck with it and enjoy. I'm sure if you went to any forum you would find some unhappy people.

Had my navara for about 5 days(2010 d22 str) 650km. Felt the engine was very tight and wouldnt rev out. Maybe the fact it was new huh. It doesnt blow much smoke which is good not like other diesels. Did the egr mod seems a little less tight, and goes a little better not much though. Put a pod filter on it, and now u can really hear the turbo sounds like a truck. Just waiting for chip and i will be happy. It has a two speaker stereo system, they are clarion speakers, but could of fitted two more. Bluetooths not real clear for reciever maybe cause the mic is on the stereo?? not sure. Have a rattle when i put my foot down, not much though,could be normal with diesels, maybe. Didn't like the truck when i first picked it up, felt cheap( i suppose it is) with not much space in the back (kids only)or in the front. but now i really enjoying it. I have also tinted the windows, some reason it became alot more comfortable, go figure. Like it more with every km travelled. One more thing, what new car can u buy today with out keyless entry, wtf.s On a good note. Havent found a place where this truck cant go, great 4wd with good standard ground clearance. Rides very well for a dual cab very happy. Smooth operater friendly gears.

In short i am a grumpy old man who needs to winge, but if anyone has a quick fix it for any of my problems (with out suggesting to sell it) let me know. cheers folks and happy navaraing!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back