preventing scratches?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering what is the best way to prevent scratches on the paintwork of my navara.

did a bit of 4x4ing on the weekend and went down some tight and overgrown tracks which ended up scratching up my nav a fair amount. and they show up worse because my nav is black in colour... :( now apart from not going 4x4ing which is not an option, what should i do?

gonna get it cut and polished so it looks all smick and then put some wax on it, is this enough to prevent most scratches?

The scratches are in the clear coat. Cut and polish once a year to avoid going all the way through it......and get used to scratches - its black.
Use Mequires tech wax after washing thoroughly to protect from minor stuff in the meantime.

sounds like good advice to me. thanks.
scratches add character right??? :D

just the dents you gotta watch out for!

yeah just avoid the dents, a good wax every 3 months does wonders. i personally use Wicked Liquid Wax. You can even use it on hot panels in the sun (unlike most waxes).

Last time I went out with Aido and scratched mine up he recommended Meguiars scratch x, this probably halved the appearance of them. The local panelbeater suggested toothpaste?? But yeah I've also read a good wax helps a bit too.

Latest posts

Back