Removing roll bar/ alloy bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know I have to remove these hooks and rivets. Pic 1,2&3. But do I have to drill/remove all these rivets that hold the soft torn? Pic 4

Attachments

• image-1777219871.jpg
    image-1777219871.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 217
  • image-2290496043.jpg
    image-2290496043.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 191
  • image-3053859618.jpg
    image-3053859618.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 192
  • image-3780431004.jpg
    image-3780431004.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 208
I'd suggest they are only in the plastic but a gentle pull on them should reveal to you whether they pull on the panel on just the liner.

No idea but I'd have thought someone else with a similar liner might have seen this and been able to help by now. So here's a free bump to the top of the list to give them another chance.

the hooks should just screw out? dont think theres a nut on the other side. The liner is a massive pain to put in/take out. When i put mine in i said if i ever take it out its coming out with the grinder.....so it did.

To make it more flexible, let it sit in the sun for a bit before you try n bend it around. probably have to peel it back and unbolt your sports bar too

hey jap55s

You need to pull the whole tub-liner out. So search around for any screws/ rivets etc and take 'em out. Then you get to found out if the piss-weak threaded inserts in the alloy bar are stuffed or not. If so, its a hacksaw job. If you're keen to keep using the liner then cut some access points in it (make cover plates from alloy checker plate) so you dont have to keep going through this bullshit anytime you want the bar off - sometimes I'd like to punch the nissan engineers in the nose!

nakedape said:
hey jap55s

You need to pull the whole tub-liner out. So search around for any screws/ rivets etc and take 'em out. Then you get to found out if the piss-weak threaded inserts in the alloy bar are stuffed or not. If so, its a hacksaw job. If you're keen to keep using the liner then cut some access points in it (make cover plates from alloy checker plate) so you dont have to keep going through this bullshit anytime you want the bar off - sometimes I'd like to punch the nissan engineers in the nose!
Lol, I feel the same pain..

Latest posts

Back