What would you do??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleator

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im pretty new to these forums but have been reading them for months...

I recently got a 3 inch Turbo back exhaust on my single cab 2006 Navvy

When they asked what I wanted I said a 3 inch turbo back exhaust, Mandrel bent, Aluminised Steel, straight pipe.

I was quoted $1000 which I got down to $900. I thought this was a pretty good deal and I got my last exhaust on my pulsar down by them so I thought I'd be faithful.

This was Ultimate Performance Exhausts at Brendale, Brisbane.

When I got there to drop it off, I got there on time and the guy rushed the car in and rushed into it, which I just thought was pretty normal for a business.

I got the truck back, It was good until I got almost home when it would make a violent rattle sound on take off which still hasnt been fixed and now I found out 2 months later that its not even aluminised.

What would you guys do?? Take it back to them and make them refit an aluminised one that doesnt rattle??

Absolutely. If they supplied a product that doesn't meet your order specs they must fix it.

What Ridgie said, don't let up even bring up consumer affairs in the conversation. Is it mentioned on your receipt?

I wouls approach them in a professional matter and if he tell you to f@#k off then take it further.Get him to replace it and if he says you owe more money drive off and don't go back.

As the others said, I think it will come down to what is on your receipt and quote if you got that in writing. If it is not auminised on the receipt, and you don't have a written quote you only have your word to do on. But the issue with the rattle noise should defiantly be fixed free of charge.

A blokes word is still a contract - see it all the time in Court - Magistrates deciding on what was said and who they believe.

Even if the quote is not written - remind them of what you asked for and then get an explanation of what you were delivered.

If they claim they delivered what youa sked for then get a second opinion.

What Scotty said - stay professional - ie: calm and rational - but be firm about your side of the story. (Take a witness).

Good luck sleator.

Thanks guys,

I rang them today and in a professional matter I asked them to fix it.

They said they dont recall me ever saying aluminised steel.

I told them firmly that I had and I told the Engineer doing it.

She said that she wouldnt have ever agreed to that because they dont buy aluminised mandrel bends.

However she said no p[roblems to bring it back in and she will get the violent noise fixed.

So we just agreed on removing the whole system and repainting it properly with heat proof paint to at least inhibit the rust from when I hit up Fraser etc.

Love the responses!! Really getting into this site, all my mods have been based off here, last week I put in a cruiser box!

I better start taking pics!

Latest posts

Back