Please give your opinion! new and need help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOSH

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have been asking a few questions and reading a lot and seem to b getting more and more confused. I have a single cab 4x4 d40 rx thai built in 09. Am looking at a 3" front and 1.5" rear lift kit from the states consisting of strut spacers and lift blocks. I am not new to 4wding but new to coils let alone an ifs front end. I have been advised that some navaras were not built with two bolts for correcting camber/caster
myne does have these thankfully so my questions are why are new bumpstops required as I do not believe This kit comes with them. Will I be able to realign my wheels without any other mods if not what mods. At what lift fron
t and rear do you require extended brake lines. Also what size tyres can go on standard 16 " rims. Are there anythings I have overlooked if so how do I fix it. Thanks very much in advance and thanks to those who have already been so helpful

Tosh

with a 3" lift on the front you will need extended brake lines and you will also find that on down travel your upper control arm will come in contact with your coil, that is why they supply new bump stops to stop this from happening but you wont get any extended wheel travel, just clearance. rear should be fine. just make sure the kit is for a thai built nav and im pretty sure most of the us stuff is for the spain built

If I was to go back to 2.5" would this combat the coil bucket contact and brake line issue. Also what differences are there in installing these between thai and spanish?

Thai and Spanish vehicles have different chassis. Up top where you can see stuff (bodywork, lights, dash etc) they're nearly identical, but underneath (wiring looms, chassis mounts & spacing etc) they are different vehicles. Spanish vehicles have a VIN that starts with "VSK" and Thai builds start with "M".

The end result is that something intended for a Spanish build will probably NOT fit onto a Thai build without a significant amount of persuasion.

Ok does anyone know if the strut mounts and rear spring mounts are some of these things that are different?

Hi everyone.

I have been asking a few questions and reading a lot and seem to b getting more and more confused. I have a single cab 4x4 d40 rx thai built in 09. Am looking at a 3" front and 1.5" rear lift kit from the states consisting of strut spacers and lift blocks. I am not new to 4wding but new to coils let alone an ifs front end. I have been advised that some navaras were not built with two bolts for correcting camber/caster
myne does have these thankfully so my questions are why are new bumpstops required as I do not believe This kit comes with them. Will I be able to realign my wheels without any other mods if not what mods. At what lift fron
t and rear do you require extended brake lines. Also what size tyres can go on standard 16 " rims. Are there anythings I have overlooked if so how do I fix it. Thanks very much in advance and thanks to those who have already been so helpful

Tosh

Go 2.5" max of lift for the front, brake lines will be OK, no coil bucket contact, CV angles are good and can still be aligned.

Anymore than 2" in the rear will require longer brake lines.

The widest tyre you can legally fit on a 16 x 7 is 265.

Latest posts

Back