Recovery point bolts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
I purchased some Recovery points from ARB for the Nav yesterday, but i'm unsure what size bolt the captured nuts in the chassis will take. The ones under the front end is what i'm talking about. also what length and type and where to purchase from in/near Brisbane?

I'm assuming some kind of High-Tensile s/steel and a spring washer?

I think they are M12x1.25 from memory. length will depend on the thickness of the material the hook is made from. Look up Coventry Fasteners, plenty of locations across brisvegas.

Cheers

Last edited:
the other thing you may need to get hold of is a tap and die set. i had to rethread the holes a bit on mine to be able to get the bolts in.

Thanks for all your help guys, the captive nuts were indeed M12 x 1.25. So a few of those and some washers and spring washers. A half hour and a bit of brute strength later and I had two pretty sweet looking recovery points under the front end.

The bolts I purchased from Coventry Fasteners at 1318 Boundary Rd, Wacol here in Brisbane. I gave them a hit with fish oil after install to help stop water ingress (in hindesight i really should have done that during install)

Thanks again guys, see y'all on the tracks!

Attachments

• image-112105605.jpg
    image-112105605.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 2,044
  • image-4174885296.jpg
    image-4174885296.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 385
HI Joshman

the points look good can you tell me how much did they cost?
thanks
Scouse

hi joshman

just want to know if you have a bullbar on your ute been wanting to do this for a while mate seen a lot of other ideas but yours looks pretty neat i got a bullbar on mine

The recovery points set me back about $90 off the top of my head, they are originally manufactured by outback ideas, and the bolts were about $11. Ive got a Nissan alloy front bullbar at the moment, and these recovery points sit on the bottom of the chassis, where as the bullbar mounts to the side of the chassis rails, so you should be right fitting these things to your truck.

Has anyone had any problems with the m12x1.25 bolts not fitting in properly?
I got the bolts today, went out and checked if they fit, none of them started easily, so I tried to turn them a bit with a wrench to see how they would go, started off ok, but quickly became very tight so I pulled the pin on it, it has damaged the thread a little bit on the bolt, not too bad but I dont want to stuff the captive nut.
Im pretty sure the bolts are definately m12x1.25 but I will check.
Maybe I need to re-tap the threads?
Also one of the nuts is welded in just slightly out of allignment.

i'm told thats quiet common hence the need to tap the threads out. a bit of cost but it makes life so much easier.

I found out when I went to fit my Outback points on my 2006 D22 that with the TJM bash plate I need to cut a piece out of the plate to fit the points. What a pain in the butt.

I know the post is old but could not get the coventry fasteners for bolts so rand nissan. there genuine parts fit well and cost me $5 per bolt. They are high tensile and guaranteed to fit. Price may be higher than coventry but for only 2 bolts it did not bother me

hey guys ive got a tjm steel bullbar the it mounts right where the recovery points are ment to go .... at the moment i've got a hook set up fixed to the bullbar bracket right on the chassis , but was wondering what dimension these recovery points are as the bullbar bracket is like and upside down U and it would have to fit inbetween both sides.

Back