D21 with Gu Patrol steel rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unkn0wn

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone run the 16 by 8 Gu steel rims on there d21? From what i can see they are either +10 or 0 offset.

If so could you provide a picture of how they sit?

Thankyou

Hey

So i did some calculations, the standard nav rims are 16 by 6 with + 40 offset and the Gu rims are 16 by 8 with a 0 offset.

with the nav wheels running 205r16 tyres and the Gu rims having 265/75 tyres, The edge of the new tyre will be 0mm closer to the inside of the wheel well and suspension components, and 60mm further out from the edge of the bodywork.

For me this is fine, would mean i simply need some flared guards.

Anyway i picked up some cheap Gu rims, but 4 of the 5 tyres need replacing.

Difference in size :

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/Unkn0wNPatroL/D21 Navara Wheels/DSCF0702.jpg?t=1297676764

Stock front, sitting nicely inside the guards :

DSCF0698.jpg

Gu rims up front, protuding slighly :

DSCF0708.jpg

size :

DSCF0736.jpg

Rear, sitting nicely inside :

DSCF0699.jpg

Rear with Gu rims, sitting slightly out :

DSCF0717.jpg

size :

DSCF0740.jpg

Car :

DSCF0720.jpg

DSCF0730.jpg

I have taken them back off as im waiting for my body lift to arrive, i need new tyres and i would like to cleanup the rims.

I thought i would just post it up so everyone knew what they looked like.

Christian

They look pretty good Christian. It looks like your D21 rims are painted black, how did you go about painting them?

another set of wheels that fit nicely are toyota prado 17 inch alloys or the 16 inch prado steelies both sit nicely and look heaps nice

Hey, the stock rims were painted by the previous owner. It looks like an acrilic paint, not a rattle can job. Some parts are coming off, so i guess they did not prep the wheels corectly.

the Gu rims are in need of a cleanup. it costs around $50 per rim to have them sandblasted and powdercoated around here. Wondering if i should do that, or get a supercheap special sandblaster and DIY.

Hmmmmmm....

The 17*7 and 16*7's from the prado are +15 offset, whitch is a great fitment for the Nav. This is something I did consider, however i prefer the look of the Gu rim, an being 8inch I can fit 33's and even 35's if i want.

Christian

Looks great mate, much better than the go kart wheels you've got on it!!

Are we still doing your body lift this weekend?

Looks great mate, much better than the go kart wheels you've got on it!!

Are we still doing your body lift this weekend?

Hey, thanks, still need some replacement tyres. Body lift was shipped monday arvo. If it gets here before weekend i still plan to put it in. Ill let you know if it arrives or not!

I just sent you an email, if you want to go for a 4wd after Saturday would be best.

I can bring down my other set of 31's so you can use them in the mean time.

i owned a set of prado steelies and a set of gu patrol steel wheels i liked both of them but the prado wheels fit better

Latest posts

Back