awww shit!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
well i was just filling up my ute as dad kindly went out and got me 3 jerry cans worth of diesel.

i poured all 3 in and it went smooth til i got the bottom of can 3. as i poured the last few hundred mills a bunch of what looked like paint flakes of red colour from the size of 2mm to 1/4 of my hand just poured out. i quickly stopped but it was too late, that shit just entered my tank!

now my question, does the car have dual filters? like one is a water seperator and one is a pure fuel filter? or they got ones that do both in 1 these days?

whats likely to happen to my car now that i got shit in the tank?

i'm kinda worried :(

Sounds like rust flakes.

1 filter up the front.

If it was my car, id drain the tank. But some people would say dont worry about it.

May be worthwhile to ring an injection shop.

Dave.

change the filter a few times during that tank?, but they might just sit on the bottom for ages..

i've let it sit for a while now and i'm gonna try empty the tank out while having a filter in front of the drain hole. refill the tank with the same fuel and then drain it again to try flush it out.

hope it works, hmm

Drain it through a stocking first. It should flow fairly quickly and be easier to handle.

Hey that sux, I once had an aluminium petrol tank made for my old hilux, It's outlet was on the bottom (bad news) I put 2 ryco fuel filters inline, truck stuffed up about 3 days after fitting, pulled the carbie apart and found it full of Ally swarf!....... I would drain and clean the tank, then fit an aftermarket pre filter. Might take a day to do, but you'll sleep much better knowing it's been done right.....
My 2 cents worth....

well after half a tank the car seems to be different. whether the fuel is bad or shit has gotten into the filter and is blocking it thus restricting flow, i dont know.

tonight i drained all the tank and the gunk came out. it is confirmed that is it red paint (anti rust) on the inside of the jerry cans. musta been a fkn china tank or something or the spray process was done wrong.

i only got a bit of the flake'age from the tank, sure theres more in there.

how much and wear can i buy a new fuel filter from?

cheers

Use genuine fuel filters.

Mine cost $25 each through Nizzbits. Check with your local dealer.

Dont tell them what happened.

Did your manual come through.

Dave.

heres a small sample of what came out of my fuel filter...

dsc02374j.jpg

anyone got any idea where the fuel pump on the crd navara's are? i've been looking, but i just cant see it in the workshop manual.

someone suggested it is in the tank, but it aint...

Back