New UK member please can anyone help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren6645

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just had a new clutch fitted to my navara at the dealers. It now has the same solid flywheel it went in with but a new clutch kit.
I now have a 'noise' and a vibration between 1600rpm to 2100rpm specially in high gears 4th,5th,6th, which was not there before it went in?? No noise vibration when not moving I can rev all they way to 6500rpm and nothing only happens when driving.
It has been back to the dealership who have just rang to tell me their after sales manager and tech team have been involved and what I am hearing is due to the clutch being new??? As everything is now tight this is causing the noise and vibration. It wasn't there before because things were worn???
Does this sound like bulls***t or is what they are saying feesable???
Has anyone else come across this or does anyone have any ideas??
Propshaft weights, universal joints????????

I know the smf is noisey especially at tick over but it has always been like that and still is but I now have this new noise since clutch has been fitted.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

Personally I'd find a nice long downhill run and get the vehicle up to speed heading down the hill. Put the clutch in while it's vibrating. As you're coasting along, does it still vibrate? Pop it into neutral. Still vibrating?

Then I'd find a brand spanking new section of road that's really, really smooth and drive along it in 2nd gear at those RPM. Feel for the vibration very carefully. If it's there, it'll be engine/clutch.

If the vibration only happens at a particular vehicle speed then it's likely going to be wheel balance, prop shaft, wheel alignment, aerodynamics (eg loose cabin or tub mounting bolts). You might also have suspension issues (the stock springs, particularly in the back, are not the best and the shock absorbers ... 'nuff said).

Hi Darren I have got the same problem, had the clutch fitted 2 days ago and was wondering if you were able to fix yours

I would say that the flywheel/clutch assy need a good balance job....and/or they havent fastened something correctly..

1600rpm is pretty low revs for a 2.5L engine pulling around 2 tonnes.

My 3L doesn't really like being laboured at those revs.

So it disappears at around 2200rpm ?

1600rpm is pretty low revs for a 2.5L engine pulling around 2 tonnes.

My 3L doesn't really like being laboured at those revs.

So it disappears at around 2200rpm ?

It must be a petrol engine if he can rev it to 6500RPM.

I didn't think the UK got petrol's.

I know they use to get the KA24's ect but no V6's from memory.

I am assuming this is a D40 going by the DMF.

It is a d40 diesel and it's not the normal vibration caused by engine labour as when the revs increase along with speed a loud vibration kicks in for a couple of seconds.

It is a d40 diesel and it's not the normal vibration caused by engine labour as when the revs increase along with speed a loud vibration kicks in for a couple of seconds.

a d40 oilburner that revs to 6500 RPM.....ok...

Krankin there is two different posters here asking similar questions, the first guy is the high rever the second guy hasn't given as much info.

I am the second guy, my problem is the same as the first. No other way to describe it. Haven't revved that high though

Imagine if you had a D40, you'd be confused about your sexuality as well as the forum.

dont d40s have those crappy dual mass flywheels,not solid,and if youre revving a diesel round to 6500 its gonna rattle for its life lol.
dual mass flywheels have a bearing that usauly goes kaput letting two halves ratlle and bash into each other ask dealer if its a dual mass and did they inspect change it

Was the propshaft reassembled out of phase? Has to come off to change the clutch, easy mistake, will give you strange vibrations/wobbles/nastiness.

Latest posts

Back