SANOG Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will

Reaction score
Thought we needed a chat thread.

Looking forward to the next trip. anyone have any ideas?

few ideas;:idea:

1. Peake - thanks gus
  2. Loveday 4x4 park
  3. morgan quarry - is this still going?
  4. anywhere else?

:feedback:

Will

good idea.

I am not dying in a ditch over Peake, and are just as keen to do Morgan quarry or Lovedays.

Gus

Will

I am happy to arrange a day trip.

It would have to be in March as I am tied up with work until then. I'll make some calls and come back with some dates and costs for a play in the dunes at Peake.

Gus,

I'm happy with Peake, and March time frame is good but the weekend of the 12th is no good for me.

A quick look with Google maps says Peake is 146Kms from Adelaide (1h:45m - 2h), and 74kms from Murray bridge (0h:55m).

Peake, Sand Dunes/Camping - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

Says "Mostly booked out on weekends by all the 4x4 clubs but during the week days it is not busy." This being the case we want to make sure of firm numbers before we go. $10 entry and a little extra for an overnight stay, may be an option if we're keen enough. Driving nearly 4hrs to get there and back with at least that again on the dunes is a long day in the saddle. I'm keen.

Peake sounds good to me guys. I'd happily camp there too. I guess Lovedays would be my next preference over Morgan. Im also pretty easy on which weekend in Marc

hi fellas,
dont know if you guys have seen the thread i started re morgan, i didnt rate it. feel free to prove me wrong though.
i'd be up for a trip to peake anytime in march is cool with me.
cheers.

OK so it seems the priority is Peake with Loveday as a back up.

March is OK albeit the 12th is not perferred.

I'll investigate and report back.

Gus

:wash_truck:How are we lads im new 2 this just got myself a 2004 dualcab we are heading up 2 loveday on the 12th cant wait as its my first 4wd trip mayb next time use do a trip ill tag along have a good trip lads and a safe 1..AXNMAN

Hay guys .... to be honest last weekend in March is best for me and an overnighter would be awesome just not sure on the location as i don't know many places around and have never been to any of these places.... ( my Missus works wierd shifts) the only other date i may be able to do the 12th (weekend) apart from that open to ideas and will help out where i can

Have you had a chance to investigate any further Gus? looks like the last weekend of March suits the best.

Anyone cant do 26th or 27th March for a run to Peake?

I think i saw your truck driving down South Rd yesterday Gus, was your missus driving it? unless there is another blue D40 with Big O rear bar getting around. if it was yours, it sounds great. whats the exhaust you have?

Have you had any luck getting in touch with the Peake people? Are we on for an end of March trip?

I think i saw your truck driving down South Rd yesterday Gus, was your missus driving it? unless there is another blue D40 with Big O rear bar getting around. if it was yours, it sounds great. whats the exhaust you have?

Have you had any luck getting in touch with the Peake people? Are we on for an end of March trip?

Will

Yup that was my truck with the 'boss' the driving it. I have been in the Middle East so haven't been around I am sorry to do anything.

As far as the exhaust goes - its a fully customised job from Mark at Exhaust Technologies. Custom made dump pipe, DPF delete and straight through pipe.

For the SA fisho's there is a public meeting on at the Burnside Town Hall on April 5th at 7pm for a public opinion forum. Would be good to get some support against the proposed marine parks. You can find info on the parks at the Department of Environment web site at the Conservation section.

Attachments

• image-1930088147.jpg
    image-1930088147.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back